Aug. 31st, 1937
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Warren Berlinger's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Later tried to fight his comedy stereotype with more ruthless character 70s and 80s roles. One of his favorite parts was as J. Pierpont Finch in the London musical production of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" in 1963.
- Attended Columbia University in New York.
- Trained at New York's Professional Children's School, he made his stage debut on Broadway in 'Ethel Merman' (qv)'s "Annie Get Your Gun" at age 9.
- Guest-starred on the original Howdy Doody children's TV show, with roles following on Kraft Television Theatre and other programs.
- Nephew of comic icon 'Milton Berle' (qv), whose real last name was Berlinger.
- Deft, dark-haired, chubby-prone support and character actor who served up a number of comedic characters. Playing nearly 300 live TV roles in the 1950s alone, he went on to cheer up a number of lightweight film and TV comedies in the 60s and 70s.
- Made an honorary Mayor and honorary Sheriff of Chatsworth, California.
- Has four children from his marriage (since 1960) to actress 'Betty Lou Keim' (qv). The couple appeared together on Broadway in "A Roomful of Roses" in 1955 and in his debut film _Teenage Rebel (1956)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb