Mar. 11th, 1965
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Wallace Langham's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
James Wallace Langham II (born March 11, 1965) is an American actor. He currently plays the role of David Hodges in the American crime drama television series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Formerly billed as Wally Ward, Langham got his start in the John Hughes film Weird Science, as well as in The Invisible Kid and the ABC Afterschool Special entitled Just a Regular Kid: An AIDS Story, but later moved to roles as a young bigot in Soul Man and as a gang leader in The Chocolate War. He appeared in the Eddie Murphy comedy Daddy Day Care and had a role in the comedy Little Miss Sunshine. Langham's most recent film appearance was in the critically acclaimed The Social Network. Langham was born in Fort Worth, Texas, the son of Sunni, a costume designer, and James Langham, an elevator repairman. He is part of the pre-show for the ride Dinosaur in Disney's Animal Kingdom in Orlando, Florida. He explains the reason for going back in time and saving a stray dinosaur and his voice can be heard throughout the attraction.
In March 2000, Langham pleaded no contest to battery charges after beating a gay tabloid reporter (who had allegedly made accusations against Langham's girlfriend's tattoos; the reporter in turn claimed that Langham yelled homophobic slurs at him while he was being beaten) and was ordered to serve three years probation and to serve 450 hours of community service for gay and lesbian charities, and to donate $10,000 to the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center. In exchange for pleading no contest, prosecutors dropped a hate crime charge that had been filed against him. In a statement, Langham said he supports gay rights "and would have never attacked anyone had I not first been provoked."
- He was accused of beating a stringer for the Star tabloid during an altercation on September 7 1999. He was charged with one count of misdemeanor battery and one count of committing a hate crime. He agreed to a six-figure settlement with the reporter who accused him of an anti-gay hate crime on January 26th 2000. The altercation between the two men stemmed from remarks that the reporter allegedly made about Langham's girlfriend.
- He is part of the pre-show for the ride Dinosaur! in Disney's Animal Kingdom in Orlando. He explains the reason for going back in time and saving a stray dinosaur and his voice can be heard throughout the ride.
- Was in the movie _Combat High (1986) (TV)_ (qv) with 'Keith Gordon (I)' (qv) and later starred in Gordon's first film as director _The Chocolate War (1988)_ (qv).
- Children Alex (b. 1989) and Chloe (b. 1991).
- Met his wife Laura on the set of _Weird Science (1985)_ (qv). They were married a year and a half later.