Sep. 30th, 1950
London, England, UK
Victoria Tennant's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Victoria Tennant (born 30 September 1950) is an English film and television actress.
Early life Tennant was born in London, England. Her mother, Irina Baronova, was a Russian prima ballerina who appeared with the Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo, and her father, Cecil Tennant, was an English producer and talent agent who ran MCA's talent office and whose clients included Laurence Olivier, Vivien Leigh, John Gielgud and Michael Redgrave.
Her maternal grandfather, Misha Baronov, was a senior officer in the Russian Navy, and her maternal grandmother, the former Lydia Vishniakova, was a general's daughter. Laurence Olivier was Tennant's godfather.
She has a sister, Irina, and a brother, Robert, both of whom were badly injured in the car accident that killed their father in 1967.
Victoria Tennant herself trained in ballet like her mother, at the Elmhurst Ballet School and for two years at the Central School for Speech and Drama in London. She attended the Central School of Speech and Drama at the University of London.
Personal life Tennant was married to Steve Martin from 1986 to 1994; she starred opposite him in All of Me and L.A. Story.
Since 1996, Tennant has been married to Kirk Justin Stambler, a lawyer with Warner Bros., with whom she has a daughter and a son.
She is distantly related to silent film actress Barbara Tennant (1892–1982).
- A distant relative of British silent film actress 'Barbara Tennant' (qv) (1892-1982).
- Father, Cecil Tennant, was an English producer and talent agent who ran MCA's talent office and whose clients included 'Laurence Olivier' (qv), 'Vivien Leigh' (qv), 'John Gielgud' (qv) and 'Michael Redgrave' (qv).
- She has a sister, Irina, and a brother, Robert, both of whom were seriously hurt in a car accident that claimed their father, Cecil Tennant, in 1967.
- Daughter of prima ballerina 'Irina Baronova' (qv) and talent agent Cecil Tennant.
- Goddaughter of 'Laurence Olivier' (qv)
- Her mother, Irina Baronova, was a Russian-born prima ballerina who appeared with the Ballet Russes de Monte Carlo. She gave up her career after marriage.
Related sites for this celeb