Sep. 22nd, 1927
Norristown, Pennsylvania, USA
Tommy Lasorda's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Tommy Lasorda was one of the best managers in baseball until his retirement in July 1996. He was involved with the Los Angeles Dodgers for over 50 years. He managed the team from 1976 to 1996. He retired due to a heart attack. He thought being a manager would be too stressful.
- At the 2001 All Star game, while acting as honorary 3rd base coach, 'Vladimir Guerrero' (qv)'s bat broke and hit Lasorda in the chest, knocking him to the ground. 'Barry Bonds' (qv) tried to put a catcher's chest protector on Lasorda to protect him from further injury.
- Managed Los Angeles Dodgers to 1977 and 1978 National League Pennants and 1981 and 1988 World Series Championships.
- Record of 0 won and 4 losses with an ERA of 6.52 with the Brooklyn Dodgers and Kansas City from 1954 to 1956.
- He won pennants in 1977 and 1978, plus won the World Series in 1981 and 1988.
- Inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame, 1997.
Related sites for this celeb