Feb. 18th, 1973
Swindon, Wiltshire, England, UK
6' 2 1/2
Tom Wisdom's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Tom Wisdom (born 18 February 1973) is an English actor of theatre, film and television. His film roles includes the downtrodden hero of Danny Patrick's Hey Mr DJ (2005) and Astinos in 300 (2007), based on Frank Miller's graphic novel about the Battle of Thermopylae, where he plays the younger son of Vincent Regan's 'Captain'.
Wisdom was born in Swindon, Wiltshire, England. He is of British and Japanese heritage. Wisdom grew up in many different places because of his father's position in the Royal Air Force. He grew up on air bases in Swindon, Doncaster and Devon. He has two siblings, an older brother and a younger sister. Wisdom attended both the Taunton's College in Southampton and the Academy Drama School, where he became the recipient of the Stage Scholarship.
On television, he played Tom Ferguson in the long-running soap Coronation Street (1999–2000), Ivor Claire in the Evelyn Waugh adaptation Sword of Honour (2001), Stephen Clarke in the thriller Suspicion (2003) and Marco Bailey in Sky One's airline drama Mile High (2003–04). Other television work includes Harry Enfield's Brand Spanking New Show, Children of the New Forest, Wycliffe and Blackhearts in Battersea. In early 2010 Tom starred in an episode of Agatha Christie's Poirot.
Wisdom's theatre roles include Stanhope in Journey's End (UK tour, 2005) and Guy Bennett in Julian Mitchell's Another Country (Arts Theatre, 2000). Wisdom created the role of Steven Carter in Patrick Wilde's play What's Wrong With Angry? in 1994.
His films include The Boat That Rocked which was released in the UK on 1 April 2009, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 which was released on 8 August 2008 (US), and Fire and Ice, which was released in Romania in September 2008 and in the US in November 2008 on the Sci-Fi channel.
- Is a huge fan of all sports - loves watching them, playing them, and talking about them.
- Attended Tauntons College in Southampton, Hampshire.
- Educated at Academy Drama School (Stage Scholarship Winner)
- Plays football (soccer) and follows Liverpool FC devotedly.
- Tom's father, who came from Blackburn, was in the RAF, which meant Tom was born in Swindon and grew up on air bases in Swindon, Doncaster and Devon.
- Admires actors Johnny Depp, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Helen Mirren (and has a crush on her), Daniel Craig, and Mickey Rourke.
- Would have liked to play sports professionally if he didn't become an actor.
Related sites for this celeb