Feb. 2nd, 1937
New York City, New York, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Tom Smothers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- On one of their "Smothers Brothers" television shows, Tom Smothers unintentionally sparked a firestorm of controversy when he innocently said as a joke, "Easter is when Jesus comes out of his tomb, and if he sees his shadow he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
- Owns Remick Ridge Vineyards in Kenwood, California.
- Tom and his brother, Dick, were born on Governor's Island in New York Harbor. Their father, who was stationed on the military base on that island, moved his pregnant wife there to be close to him.
- Children: Bo (b. 1993) and Riley Rose (b. 1996).
- His father Major Thomas Bolyn Smothers, Jr. was a West Point Graduate. He survived the Bataan Death March, and died on a Japanese POW ship. He was buried at sea.
- Attended San Jose State University in California.
- Older brother of 'Dick Smothers' (qv).
- Tom has a son Thomas IV by his first marriage.
Related sites for this celeb