Oct. 15th, 1953
Gary, Indiana, USA
Tito Jackson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Tariano Adaryll "Tito" Jackson was born in Gary, Indiana in 1953. Tito originally hid his musical talent from his father Jospeh. While his father was at work, Tito would play his father's guitar while his siblings danced and sang, and it was not until he accidentally broke a string on the guitar that father Joseph learned about his musical aspirations and formed The Jackson Brothers in 1964 with Jackie, Tito and Jermaine. The group eventually became The Jackson Five when younger brothers Marlon and Michael joined in 1966. Though he wrote and co-wrote many songs for The Jackson Five, Tito never played guitar for the group. It wasn't until 1976 when the brothers left Motown to become The Jacksons under Philadelphia International recording company, and then later, Epic Records, that his talents as a guitarist were recorded.
The Jacksons went on to sell 10 million copies worldwide with their album "Triumph" and has another hit with "Victory" in 1984, in which Tito sang lead on "We Can Change the World." The Victory Tour was one of The Jackson's greatest successes, but Michael and Marlon resigned, only to return for the group's final release "2300 Jackson Street." In 1985 Tito, alongside several Jackson family members, participated on the USA for Africa famine-relief fund-raising smash single "We Are the World."
Tito has three sons, who compose the musical group 3T; Tariano Adaryll Jackson "Taj" II, Taryll Adren Jackson and Tito Joseph "TJ" Jackson.
- Brother of 'Jackie Jackson (II)' (qv), 'Jermaine Jackson (I)' (qv), 'Rebbie Jackson' (qv), 'La Toya Jackson' (qv),'Marlon Jackson' (qv), 'Randy Jackson (I)' (qv), 'Janet Jackson (I)' (qv) and 'Michael Jackson (I)' (qv).
- Has three sons with former wife, the late Delores "Dee-Dee" Martes Jackson: Toriano Adaryll Jackson II "Taj" (August 4, 1973), Taryll Adren Jackson (August 8, 1975), Tito Joseph Jackson "TJ" (July 16, 1978). Collectively known as the group 3T. They recorded two albums: Brotherhood (1995) and Identity (2004). The first album included the hit Anything and Why (duet with uncle Michael Jackson).
- Son of 'Joe Jackson (III)' (qv) and 'Katherine Jackson (II)' (qv)
- Uncle of 'Jermaine Jackson II' (qv), 'Valencia Jackson' (qv), 'Brittany Jackson (II)' (qv), and 'Marlon Jackson Jr.' (qv).
- He was the last Jackson to release a solo album ("I Gotta Play", in 2003.)
- Member of the pop group 'Jackson 5' (qv) and brother of pop superstars 'Michael Jackson (I)' (qv) and 'Janet Jackson (I)' (qv).
- Childhood school friend of 'David Gest' (qv).
- Is portrayed by '┴ngel Vargas' (qv) in _The Jacksons: An American Dream (1992) (TV)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb