Apr. 19th, 1946
Grappenhall, Cheshire, England, UK
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The son of a Methodist Royal Navy chaplain, James, and his wife Patricia, a school secretary, Tim Curry studied Drama and English at Cambridge and at Birmingham University, from which he graduated with Combined Honors. His first professional success was in the London production of 'Hair,' followed by more work in the Royal Shakespeare Company, the Glasgow Civic Repertory Company, and the Royal Court Theatre where he created the role of Dr. Frank-N-Furter in The Rocky Horror Show. He recreated the role in the Los Angeles and Broadway productions and starred in the screen version entitled The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975). Curry continued his career on the New York and London stages with starring roles in Travesties, Amadeus, The Pirates Of Penzance, The Rivals, Love For Love, Dalliance, The Threepenny Opera, The Art Of Success and My Favorite Year. He also starred in the US tour of Me And My Girl. He has received two Tony award nominations for best actor and won the Royal Variety Club Award as "Stage Actor of the Year."
A composer and a singer, Curry toured the US and Europe with his own band and released four albums on A&M Records. In addition to an active movie and television career, he is a sought-after actor for CD-ROM productions. His distinctive voice can be heard on more than a dozen audio books, and in countless animated television series and videos. He lives in Los Angeles with his dog, Frank.
- Has voiced two royal cats, voicing Prince in "Garfield: A Tail Of Two Kitties" and The Cat King in "The Cat Returns".
- Appears as both subject and author in the photography book "Double Exposure, Take Four" by 'Roddy McDowall' (qv).
- Already an accomplished singer, he performed a cover of the theme song to Disney's "Davey Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier".
- Personally paid for his cousin, Keighley Twocker frontman Michael Loftus to have cosmetic surgery
- A close friend of 'Carly Simon' (qv) and sang backing vocals on her 1979 album "Spy".
- Turned down the role of Mitzi in _The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994)_ (qv)
- Was 'Tim Burton (I)' (qv)'s second choice for the role of the Joker on _Batman (1989)_ (qv). He did go on to playing a crazed "clown" in 'Stephen King (I)' (qv)'s _It (1990) (TV)_ (qv).
- Has read several times for "The Great Writers Series" in Los Angeles