Dec. 14th, 1971
Tia Texada's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Tia Texada (December 14, 1971) is an American actress and singer. She is probably best known for portraying the role of Sgt. Maritza Cruz from the American television show Third Watch and for her role as Shay on ABC Family's "Huge."
Texada was born in Louisiana to a reflexologist mother and an insurance agent father. She has been acting since she was young.
Texada's most recent appearance was as a guest star in an episode of Saving Grace. Before that, she was a guest star in two episodes of The Unit. She played Sgt. Maritza Cruz in the NBC Drama Third Watch. She also has appeared in movies such as Paulie (1998), Nurse Betty (2000), Glitter (2001), Phone Booth (2003) Spartan (2004) and Everybody Hates Chris (2008). She also has a singing career, and her songs have been featured on shows such as Dawson's Creek. She also played at the Lilith Fair tour in 1998. She has lent her voice to TV's Static Shock as well as many television commercials. She has also done layouts for magazines. She also is featured on FHM.
- Her mother was a beauty queen and her father does magic tricks
- Her brother is a jewelry designer
- Her father, Val, is an insurance agent. He is an avid amateur golfer. In the 1970s he was a baseball coach at Centenary College in Shreveport, Louisiana. Her mother, Vickie, is a reflexologist.
- She sang the role of Lupe 'the parrot' in the movie Paulie
- Is a musician/recording artist. Her song "Driving You Crazy" was featured in an episode of _"Dawson's Creek" (1998)_ (qv), and she has performed as a soloist in the California leg of the Lilith Fair tour in 1995. Tia is also a Latin dance soloist.
Related sites for this celeb