Sep. 25th, 1980
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
T.I.'s Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
T.I. was born on September 25, 1980 as Clifford Joseph Harris Jr. in Atlanta, Georgia. He is also known as T.I.P. and "Rubberband Man". T.I. is from the streets of Westside Bankhead Zone 1 in Atlanta. He is of both Native American and African American descent. His original stage name, T.I.P., it stems from his childhood nickname "Tip", given by his grandfather. He later changed it to T.I. out of respect for label mate Q-Tip. He was dubbed "the Jay-Z of the South" by Pharrell Williams, T.I. gradually established himself as one of rap's greatest and most successful MCs during the early 2000s. T.I. has been active with helping the community especially with Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, T.I. worked with troubled youths at Paulding Detention Center in Atlanta, provided scholarships for single parent families at Boys and Girls Clubs. He has had successful movies roles such as: ATL (2006) and most notably American Gangster(2007) along side Denzel Washington.
- Owns New Finish Construction with his uncle, which builds and repairs homes in Atlanta's less fortunate neighborhoods
- (March 2009) Was sentenced to a year and a day of prison in relation to his arrest in 2007, when he was caught trying to buy an arsenal of guns from an undercover FBI agent.
- His new album 'King' debuted number 1 on Billboard 200 chart on April 4, 2006 selling over 520,000 copies. His first movie 'ATL' was rank #3.
- He is of Native American descent.
- Was a strong supporter for helping in Hurricane Katrina relief efforts.
- In August of 2008, T.I. earned himself his first #1 hit when his second single, "Whatever You Like" from his sixth album 'Paper Trail' soared from #71 to #1 in a single week on the Billboard Hot 100.
- (2007) Appeared on Forbes' "Hip Hop Cash Kings" list with $16 million in earnings.
- He increased his growing street credibility by collaborating with Tupac, Baby, and Bonecrusher.