Sep. 25th, 1980
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
T.I.'s Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
T.I. was born on September 25, 1980 as Clifford Joseph Harris Jr. in Atlanta, Georgia. He is also known as T.I.P. and "Rubberband Man". T.I. is from the streets of Westside Bankhead Zone 1 in Atlanta. He is of both Native American and African American descent. His original stage name, T.I.P., it stems from his childhood nickname "Tip", given by his grandfather. He later changed it to T.I. out of respect for label mate Q-Tip. He was dubbed "the Jay-Z of the South" by Pharrell Williams, T.I. gradually established himself as one of rap's greatest and most successful MCs during the early 2000s. T.I. has been active with helping the community especially with Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, T.I. worked with troubled youths at Paulding Detention Center in Atlanta, provided scholarships for single parent families at Boys and Girls Clubs. He has had successful movies roles such as: ATL (2006) and most notably American Gangster(2007) along side Denzel Washington.
- Co-CEO of Grand Hustle Records
- His favorite actress is 'Angela Bassett' (qv).
- Won for the best dressed man at the 2005 BET awards.
- He originally called himself "T.I.P." but he changed his name to avoid confusion with 'Q-Tip' (qv)
- Started rapping at age 9, signed a record deal at 19 and released one major-label album (I'm Serious, Arista, 2001) before he joined Atlantic with his own Grand Hustle imprint.
- Engaged to Tameka "Tiny" Cottle (2002-2008).
- He is of Native American descent.
- His new album 'King' debuted number 1 on Billboard 200 chart on April 4, 2006 selling over 520,000 copies. His first movie 'ATL' was rank #3.