Sep. 25th, 1980
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
T.I.'s Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
T.I. was born on September 25, 1980 as Clifford Joseph Harris Jr. in Atlanta, Georgia. He is also known as T.I.P. and "Rubberband Man". T.I. is from the streets of Westside Bankhead Zone 1 in Atlanta. He is of both Native American and African American descent. His original stage name, T.I.P., it stems from his childhood nickname "Tip", given by his grandfather. He later changed it to T.I. out of respect for label mate Q-Tip. He was dubbed "the Jay-Z of the South" by Pharrell Williams, T.I. gradually established himself as one of rap's greatest and most successful MCs during the early 2000s. T.I. has been active with helping the community especially with Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, T.I. worked with troubled youths at Paulding Detention Center in Atlanta, provided scholarships for single parent families at Boys and Girls Clubs. He has had successful movies roles such as: ATL (2006) and most notably American Gangster(2007) along side Denzel Washington.
- Engaged to LaShon Dixon.
- First album with Atlantic Records, "Trap Muzik", had 3 hit singles off of it..24's, Rubberband Man, and Lets Get Away.
- Started rapping at age 9, signed a record deal at 19 and released one major-label album (I'm Serious, Arista, 2001) before he joined Atlantic with his own Grand Hustle imprint.
- Raised over $263,000 for rapper David Banner's "Heal the Hood" foundation
- Was called by Pharrell Williams of The Neptunes "The Jay-Z of the South"
- One of his favorite TV shows is Friends.
- His sophomore album "Trap Muzik" debuted at number 4 on the Billboard 200 Charts while "Urban Legend" debuted at number 1 on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip- Hop Albums.
- Won for the best dressed man at the 2005 BET awards.