Nov. 19th, 1963
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA
Terry Farrell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Terry Farrell was born in 1963 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. At age 15, she became a foreign exchange student to Mexico, and, from that experience, she decided she would like to live a more adventurous life in the big city. She sent several photos to a modeling agency and then, at age 17, dropped out of high school and became a model in New York.
She is most famously known for her role as Jadzia Dax in the TV show "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993), but she did have some acting experience before that. In 1992, she had the star role in the movie Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth (1992). She appeared in several TV and straight-to-video movies, and also dated actors Michael Dorn (I) and Mickey Rourke while on "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993).
Afterward, Paramount decided to move her to the show "Becker" (1998), where she played the character Reggie Kostas, but, after four seasons, she was replaced by Nancy Travis. Since then, she hasn't been in many mainstream events. In September of 2002, she married Brian Baker (III), better known as the cell-phone company Sprint's spokesperson.
- Before becoming a model, Miss Farrell played an Christmas elf at a mall in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Described by 'LeVar Burton' (qv) as "Action Barbie"
- Played the Cat in the 15 min teaser promo for a US "Red Dwarf" (after NBC asked Grant and Naylor for another pilot)
- She has 2 older and 2 younger sisters.
- She deep sea fishes for a hobby. She caught two five-foot wahoos on her first outing. She mounted the first one and fed the second to an entire village.
- Modeled for 3 years in her late teens, and quit to become an actress.
- Is the disembodied voice in the US government's 2004 television ad campaign regarding the changes in the Medicaid and Medicare laws.
- Daughter of Edwin Francis Farrell Jr. and wife Kay Carol Christine Bendickson.