Dec. 8th, 1964
Palo Alto, California, USA
Teri Hatcher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Teri Hatcher began studying acting at the American Conservatory Theater while pursuing an undergraduate degree in mathematics and engineering. Although she was planning to transfer to California Polytechnic Institute, she attended an open casting call -- as a favor to a friend who needed moral support -- and ended up in Hollywood.
- First husband Marcus Leithold said their marriage was over even before they got the wedding photos developed.
- Loves fishing. Has enjoyed it even before her teenage years.
- She and _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) co-star 'Marcia Cross' (qv) both made guest appearances on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv) as prospective girlfriends of 'Jerry Seinfeld' (qv).
- Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2005.
- Ranked #6 on Wizard magazine's "Sexiest Women of TV" list (March 2008).
- (1997) #3 of Sci-Fi's Sexy 50, by Femme Fatales magazine.
- Won two Awards at the British Glamour magazine's Women of the Year Awards in London, England on June 7, 2005. She was named US TV actress of the Year for her role as single mother Susan Mayer in _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv), and also got the Editor's Special Award for her talent to combine motherhood and a career while looking glamorous at the same time.
- Screen-tested for the part of Jamie Buchman in _"Mad About You" (1992)_ (qv), opposite 'Paul Reiser' (qv). Lost the part to 'Helen Hunt (I)' (qv).