Dec. 8th, 1964
Palo Alto, California, USA
Teri Hatcher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Teri Hatcher began studying acting at the American Conservatory Theater while pursuing an undergraduate degree in mathematics and engineering. Although she was planning to transfer to California Polytechnic Institute, she attended an open casting call -- as a favor to a friend who needed moral support -- and ended up in Hollywood.
- Loves fishing. Has enjoyed it even before her teenage years.
- Screen-tested for the part of Jamie Buchman in _"Mad About You" (1992)_ (qv), opposite 'Paul Reiser' (qv). Lost the part to 'Helen Hunt (I)' (qv).
- She and actor 'Steven Schub' (qv) (lead singer of ska band The Fenwicks) were fellow classmates at the American Conservatory Theater, and 'Annette Bening' (qv) was their teacher.
- The October 1996 issue of "Movieline" (US movie magazine) originally had a cover picture of her wearing nothing but rope wrapped around her. This proved too controversial and a second cover picture (her in a dress) was substituted.
- First person to win the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series for a show that has not yet completed it's first season.
- Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2005.
- Was a San Franciso 49ers Cheerleader.
- Broke two ribs filming a scene for _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) where she stumbles into a wedding cake