Dec. 8th, 1964
Palo Alto, California, USA
Teri Hatcher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Teri Hatcher began studying acting at the American Conservatory Theater while pursuing an undergraduate degree in mathematics and engineering. Although she was planning to transfer to California Polytechnic Institute, she attended an open casting call -- as a favor to a friend who needed moral support -- and ended up in Hollywood.
- Daughter, Emerson Rose Tenney, was born on November 10, 1997, with ex-husband 'Jon Tenney' (qv).
- Went to Fremont High School in Sunnyvale, California (class of '82).
- The October 1996 issue of "Movieline" (US movie magazine) originally had a cover picture of her wearing nothing but rope wrapped around her. This proved too controversial and a second cover picture (her in a dress) was substituted.
- In the mid-90s, a photo of her wrapped in nothing but a red Superman cape famously became the most downloaded image on America Online.
- She and actor 'Steven Schub' (qv) (lead singer of ska band The Fenwicks) were fellow classmates at the American Conservatory Theater, and 'Annette Bening' (qv) was their teacher.
- Her inspirational autobiography, "Burnt Toast: And Other Philosophies of Life" will be released on hardcover by publisher Hyperion on May 2, 2006 in the U.S.A. The audio CD version of the book narrated by Teri Hatcher will also be released on the same date. The book deals with a woman's struggle of to juggle life through good times and bad.
- (1997) #3 of Sci-Fi's Sexy 50, by Femme Fatales magazine.
- Suffered an injury to her right eye when a light bulb exploded on the _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) set on April 25, 2006. Her cornea was scratched and she is wearing an eye patch, but she is expected to return to work in a few days.