Jun. 23rd, 1946
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Ted Shackelford's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Shackelford was born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Shackelford appeared in the role as Ray Gordon on the daytime soap opera Another World from 1975 to 1977. He has also appeared in roles on Wonder Woman and most recently in The Division. He also starred in the British science fiction series Space Precinct.
Shackelford is best known for his role as Gary Ewing on the CBS television series Knots Landing, in which he starred from 1979 to 1993. He also appeared as Gary Ewing on several episodes of CBS's Dallas. The role was originally played by actor David Ackroyd, who was unable to return for future appearances after his 1978 turn as the character.
On February 2, 2006, Shackelford joined the cast of the daytime soap opera The Young and the Restless as Genoa City district attorney William Bardwell. His last air date on the popular soap as William Bardwell was on July 18, 2007, when his character succumbed to complications caused by a stroke. However, on August 7, 2007, Shackelford returned to the show as Bardwell's identical twin brother, Jeffrey Bardwell.
In 2013, Shackelford reprised the role of Gary Ewing in three episodes of the new Dallas series on TNT, in one of which he was reunited with Joan Van Ark as Valene.
- Has appeared with 'Joan Van Ark' (qv): _"Wonder Woman" (1976)_ (qv), _"Dallas" (1978)_ (qv) and _"Knots Landing" (1979)_ (qv).
- Began as a replacement performer for actor David Ackroyd in a few episodes of "Dallas" as Gary Ewing.
- Has appeared with 'Joan Van Ark' (qv) in episodes of three different series: _"Wonder Woman" (1976)_ (qv), _"Dallas" (1978)_ (qv) and _"Knots Landing" (1979)_ (qv).
- Raised in Tulsa where his father was stationed with the military.
- Attended the University of Denver.
Related sites for this celeb