Feb. 12th, 1973
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Tara Strong has been a strong presence in the American voice acting scene since she was a teenager, credited in shows from The Care Bears to Fairly OddParents (Timmy Turner). Among her many roles, she has played Rikku in Final Fantasy X and X-2, Bubbles in The Powerpuff Girls, Batgirl in Batman: The Animated Series, and Raven in Teen Titans, and the list just goes on. This Canadian actress is one of the most famous people you wouldn't recognize if she was right next to you.
- Two sons with 'Craig Strong (I)' (qv): 'Sammy Strong' (qv) and 'Aden Strong' (qv).
- Out of all of the characters she has portrayed, her roles as 'Melody' in 'The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (2000)' and 'Toot Braunstein' in 'Drawn Together (2004)' are her all-time favorites.
- Was credited as Tara Charendoff prior to her marriage and changed her professional name at her husband's request.
- Tara deeply loved working on 'Drawn Together (2000)', considering it fun for the most part because it was such a departure from the family-friendly productions that she was used to working on at the time. While generally tolerant of the show's Jewish humor, she did have a few problems when it came to a few jokes about Holocaust-era Jewish writer Anne Frank.
- Known as the voice of many cartoon characters, such as "Timmy Turner" of _"The Fairly OddParents" (2001)_ (qv), "Bubbles" of _"The Powerpuff Girls" (1998)_ (qv) and "Dil Pickles" on _"Rugrats" (1991)_ (qv) and _"All Grown Up" (2003)_ (qv).
- Has stated in interviews that she would like to star in more live action productions, but is constantly preoccupied with voiceover work and thus simply cannot find the time.
- Tara is of the Jewish faith, and a staunch vegetarian, having grown up following the kosher dietary laws.
- A natural brunette who dyes her hair blonde.
Related sites for this celeb