Apr. 26th, 1965
London, England, UK
Susannah Harker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Susannah Harker (born on 26 April 1965(1965-04-26) in London, England) is an English film, television, and theatre actress. She is the daughter of English actress Polly Adams and the great-niece of Gordon Adams. She was nominated for a BAFTA TV Award in 1991 for her role as Mattie Storin in House of Cards. She was brought up as a Catholic and educated at a 'strict' independent convent boarding school run by nuns in Sussex, and at the Central School of Speech and Drama in North London Harker has also appeared in the play On the Shore of the Wide World, appeared alongside Clive Owen in Chancer and starred as Jane Bennet in the 1995 adaptation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. She appeared as Trevor Eve's love interest in Heat of the Sun.
She plays Sapphire in Big Finish Productions' audio revival of Sapphire & Steel, produced as a series of CD plays in 2005, with a second series following in 2006/7.
Her sister, Caroline Harker, is also a TV and stage actress.
She was married to Iain Glen from 1993 to 2004. They have one son, Finlay. In 2006, she began a relationship with Paul McGann.
- Has one son, Finlay, with husband Iain Glen.
- Played Jane Bennet in the BBC/A&E production of Pride and Prejudice. Her mother, actress Polly Adams, also played Jane Bennet in a 1967 BBC production of Pride and Prejudice.
- Sister of 'Caroline Harker (I)' (qv)
- Daughter of 'Polly Adams (I)' (qv)
- Great niece of 'Gordon Harker' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb