Jan. 27th, 1958
San Diego, California, USA
Susanna Thompson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Susanna Thompson received a Dramatic Award for her role as Luisa in A Shayna Maidel. She was also nominated for Best Actress by the San Diego Critics Circle for her role in Agnes of God. She may be best known for her television work, which includes playing Karen Sammler on Once and Again, Michelle Generoo in an episode of The X-Files and a recurring role as the Borg Queen in the Star Trek: Voyager two-part episodes "Dark Frontier" (1999) and "Unimatrix Zero" (2000). Thompson also portrayed Denise Hydecker on the 1998 made-for-TV movie The Lake with Yasmine Bleeth.
One of Thompson's most controversial television appearances was on an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine entitled "Rejoined". In the episode, she participated in one of US television's first same-sex kisses. The episode first aired on October 30, 1995.
Thompson made a guest appearance on Law and Order: SVU on October 7, 2003 in the season five episode "Mother". Thompson played Dr. Greta Heints, a psychiatrist who rehabilitates sex offenders in order to prepare them for a return to society. Heints is attacked and knocked unconscious in the early scenes of the episode, and in the course of the investigation, Detectives Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay) and Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni) discover Heints has been accused of having a romantic relationship with one of her patients.
Beginning in January 2006, she had a starring role in the short-lived NBC drama The Book of Daniel. In November 2006, she made her first appearance as Army Lieutenant Colonel Hollis Mann on the CBS series NCIS, in the recurring role of Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs' (Mark Harmon) girlfriend. That same week, she appeared on another CBS series, Without a Trace.
Most recently, Thompson starred on the NBC series Kings, which was based on the biblical story of David. She portrayed the role of Queen Rose Benjamin, an analogue of Ahinoam the wife of Saul. The show premiered in March 2009 and ended in July.
- Said in an interview that being in costume for the Borg Queen was "painful". She was in hair and make up for five hours to transform her into the Borg Queen and then would film for sometimes 18 hours a day, with an additional hour and a half just to get out of costume. She lost more than five pounds while filming.
- After high school she was a shoe salesperson for Sears and has worked as a hostess in a restaurant.
- Susanna received a Dramalogue Award for her role as Luisa in "A Shayna Maidel." She was also nominated for Best Actress by the San Diego Critics Circle for her role as Agnes in "Agnes of God."
- Got the role of the "Borg Queen" on _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv) only because 'Alice Krige' (qv) (who played the role in the movie _Star Trek: First Contact (1996)_ (qv)) refused to reprise her role. For the final episode, Susanna Thompson was not available (because of shooting _"Once and Again" (1999)_ (qv)) so 'Alice Krige' (qv) played the Borg Queen in the final episode.
- She is skilled in Aikido and stage combat.
- Her husband is a professor at San Diego State University.