Nov. 13th, 1967
Marshall, Minnesota, USA
Steve Zahn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Career kicked off in his native Minnesota when he crashed the audition of a local stage production of "Biloxi Blues" and won the lead role. Next trained at American Repertory Theatre in Cambridge, MA; then moved to New York City where he won a role touring for 13 months in national company of Tommy Tune-directed version of "Bye Bye Birdie". Back in New York, he played opposite Ethan Hawke in "Sophistry" at Playwright's Horizon, where Ben Stiller noticed him and cast him and Hawke in Reality Bites (1994).
- He shot his entire role in Shattered Glass in three days during a five day break from filming Daddy Day Care.
- Gained 20 pounds for _Employee of the Month (2004)_ (qv).
- One night during the filming of _Rescue Dawn (2006)_ (qv), he got up to use the toilet. While urinating, he fainted. When he woke up, he was initially mad at himself for drinking so much. Awakening further, he realized that he hadn't had any alcohol for about three months, and that he had probably fainted because he had lost so much weight for the part. To regain his mental focus, he played video-game golf.
- In July of 2004, Zahn and his family moved from their rural farm in New Jersey to a horse farm in Lexington, Kentucky, his wife's hometown.
- He spent nearly six weeks fighting for a role in Courage Under Fire up against Matt Damon, the day he found out Damon landed the film over him he was offered the part in That Thing You Do!.
- Graduated from Cooper High School, New Hope, Minnesota.
- Mother's name is Zelda Zahn.
- Conferred honorary PhD in Fine Arts from Northern Kentucky University 4 May 2007.