Oct. 14th, 1965
Middleton, Manchester, England, UK
5' 10 1/2"
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Has a daughter, Clare, from his relationship with solicitor Anna Cole.
- The third of six children.
- Has worked on BBC radio.
- Was considered to play 'Peter Sellers' (qv) in _The Life and Death of Peter Sellers (2004)_ (qv).
- Parents are Irish.
- Worked with 'Jackie Chan (I)' (qv) in _Around the World in 80 Days (2004)_ (qv).
- 'Aidan McArdle' (qv) is his cousin.
- Based the character of Alan Partridge on a radio presenter who interviewed him just as he was becoming famous. Coogan began mimicking the interviewer during the interview and from this came the inspiration for Coogan's most famous creation.