Dec. 13th, 1957
Brooklyn, New York
Steve Buscemi's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Steven Vincent Buscemi is an American actor and director, known for Parting Glances, New York Stories, Mystery Train, Reservoir Dogs, Desperado, Con Air, Armageddon, The Grey Zone, Ghost World, Big Fish, The Death of Stalin and Miracle Workers.
- Played a character in _Desperado (1995)_ (qv) whose character's name was his own last name.
- Auditioned for the part of George Costanza on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).
- Is one of the most prolific of today's actors, often starring in about 5 films a year.
- The band "Blessid Union of Souls" makes a reference to him in their hit song, "Hey Leonardo". They refer to him as "That guy who played in _Fargo (1996)_ (qv). I think his name is Steve."
- He went through a variety of interesting jobs before hitting it big as a character actor. He worked as a bartender, drove an ice-cream truck, attempted stand-up comedy, and (that which he is most proud of) was a firefighter (he continues to be a volunteer fire-fighter). He bombed so bad as a comic one night another comic took his place, 'Paul Reiser' (qv). Years later Buscemi and Reiser did an episode of _"Mad About You" (1992)_ (qv) poking fun at the incident.
- #21 on Tropopkin's Top 25 Most Intriguing People [Issue #100]
- Was member of the dramatic jury at the Sundance Film Festival in 2003.
- Was born on a Friday the 13th.