Oct. 11th, 1969
Brentwood, Essex, England, UK
Stephen Moyer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Stephen Moyer's passion for acting began in local theatre in Brentwood & Chelmsford, Essex where he also made a name for himself with his own theatre company The Reject Society. He then trained at LAMDA and began his professional acting career on stage, including 2 years with the RSC ('Romeo & Juliet', 'The Thebans', 'Columbus'), touring in 'Romeo & Juliet' with the Oxford Stage in the title role of 'Romeo', and in the world premiere of Pete Townsend's rock opera 'The Iron Man' at The Young Vic. British television credits include leading roles in Channel 4 dramas 'Men Only', 'NY-LON', Five's 'Menace' and the BBC's 'The Grand', 'Lilies' and 'Empathy', as well as a number of guest roles in popular shows such as 'Cold Feet', 'Midsomer Murders' and 'Waking the Dead'. In the meantime, he made his screen debut starring in the eponymous role in 'Prince Valiant' with Katherine Heigl, followed by 'Quills' with Geoffrey Rush, Kate Winslet, Joaquin Phoenix & Michael Caine (I), as well as leading roles in subsequent movies Including 'Entrusted' and 'Restraint'. US television credits include leading roles in 'Princess of Thieves' with Keira Knightley, NBC's mini-series 'Uprising' with 'David Schwimmer', Hank Azaria and Donald Sutherland (I), USA Network's Golden Globe and Emmy nominated 'The Starter Wife' starring Debra Messing, and, most recently co-starring with Anna Paquin in Alan Ball's's Golden Globe nominated new show for HBO; "True Blood" (2008) as the 173-year-old vampire "Bill Compton". Moyer currently divides his time between homes in London and LA, where production of the 2nd series of "True Blood" (2008) begins January 2009.
- Dating his _"True Blood" (2008)_ (qv) co-star 'Anna Paquin' (qv) .
- Former pupil of St. Martins School, Hutton.
- Graduate of the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
- He has two children from previous relationships: a son named Billy and a daughter named Lilac (born 2002).
- Confirmed his engagement to longtime girlfriend and co-star 'Anna Paquin' (qv) [August 2009].
- Was supposed to appear in the FOX drama pilot NSA Innocent (retitled Company Man), but got the role in HBO's _"True Blood" (2008)_ (qv). His earlier role was taken over by 'Jason Behr (I)' (qv).