Jul. 22nd, 1972
Stephen Mangan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Cambridge graduate Stephen Mangan was, at first, a regular at London theatres, starring in a large number of stage plays in the West End. Despite appearing in school plays, he never thought he would become an actor. He studied law at university, but he didn't think he would become a lawyer either. However, he took a year out of acting to nurse his mother, Mary, who was dying of cancer. He swore off television for years, preferring to be on stage. He did television advertisements, but only abroad. His breakthrough performance was Adrian Mole in the six-part TV show "Adrian Mole: The Cappuccino Years" (2001).
- Has a son, named Harry.
- Formed a prog rock band in the early nineties called "Aragon". The band recorded one album, "The Wizard's Dream", with four tracks including 15 minute epic "The Dragon".
- While playing Adrian Mole, he crashed his Montego.
- He did not know he was in _Billy Elliot (2000)_ (qv) because it was then titled Dancer.
- In his childhood he didn't know any actors.
- Nominated for the 2009 Tony Award for Best Performance for a Featured Actor in a Play for "The Norman Conquests".
Related sites for this celeb