Oct. 8th, 1956
New York City, New York, USA
Stephanie Zimbalist's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Stephanie Zimbalist was born in New York City, the daughter of Loranda Stephanie (née Spalding, 1933–2007) and actor Efrem Zimbalist Jr. (1918–2014). The family soon moved to Los Angeles, where Stephanie grew up. She attended the Juilliard School before commencing her acting career.
- Has a half-brother, Efrem Zimbalist III, and a sister, Nancy.
- Starred on TV alongside two future big-screen James Bonds: 'Timothy Dalton' (qv) in "Centennial" and 'Pierce Brosnan' (qv) in _"Remington Steele" (1982)_ (qv).
- (February 2001) Won the Robby Award for Best Actress in a Drama for her role as Lizzy Curry in "The Rainmaker." The awards, which were presented at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, are given every year to honor distinguished achievement in theater.
- Was originally cast as Anne Lewis in RoboCop, but had to give up part to Nancy Allen when called back to resume filming episodes of _"Remington Steele" (1982)_ (qv).
- Turned 21 while working on location at the Hop Kiln Winery in Sonoma on _The Magic of Lassie (1978)_ (qv) with Jimmy Stewart - couldn't get carded for a pitcher of beer that night. In an interview for Video Review years later, Stewart said she was his favorite actress today.
- Studied classical singing for six years with Natalie Bodanya of the Met, who studied with Marcella Sembrich, who also coached her grandmother Alma Gluck. Alma Gluck was the first singer to sell a million records. Alma Gluck had three sets of teeth. When Alma Gluck's dog So-So ran away, it made the front page of the New York Times.
- Met Kevin Conroy at Julliard. The two would later go on to work on Batman: The Animated Series, alongside her father, Efrem Zimbalist Jr.
- Is the third of five generations of women in her family (so far) to go to Brown Ledge Camp in Mallett's Bay, Vermont. Used to muck out stalls every day before she went to school. Dived for Alan Pinson, legendary Olympic coach, when she was 13, and had to opt out to stay in school and study. Accelerated her senior year of high school to return to Los Angeles and study acting and dance. Left most of her college essay applications in the back well of a taxi the week before they were due.
Related sites for this celeb