Jun. 29th, 1979
New Jersey, USA
5' 3 1/2
Stephanie Lemelin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Stephanie Nicole Lemelin is a working actress, writer, and producer who resides in Los Angeles.
In 2007, she joined In-Motion Pictures, a production company that specializes in cost-effective, genre-friendly films. As part of the In-Motion team, Stephanie has been active in both developing stories and scripts for the films, acting in small cameos and large roles, and associate producing.
Stephanie began acting professionally after moving to LA following her graduation from the University of Pennsylvania in 2001 with a BA in Communications. During her junior year, she spent a year abroad--diving her time between attending classes at UNSW (Sydney) and interning for Network 9 as a production assistant. She also backpacked with friends throughout Australia, New Zealand, and Thailand before returning to finish up her studies at UPENN.
Besides performing in several independent films, she has been cast as a series-regular in 7 consecutive TV pilots including ABC's Good Behavior, The Funkhousers, and Cavemen -- which was picked up for 13 episodes. She also starred in FOX's Worst Week of My Life, Dirtbags, and Titletown, and had a lead in the SciFi Channel's original TV movie/back door pilot -- Anonymous Rex, based on the books by Eric Garcia. Stephanie has also guest-starred in many network shows, with comedic and dramatic roles on CSI: Las Vegas, Malcolm in the Middle, Rules of Engagement, Run of the House, Out of Practice, and The Mullets. Her network television debut was on the critically acclaimed but short-lived FOX show, Undeclared, in which she was cast after just one month of moving to LA.
Stephanie also recently added voice-over actress to her resume, playing an animated character in the Dreamworks' Kung Fu Panda franchise, as well as voicing several commercials.
Born in southern New Jersey to a mom from Philly and a dad from Quebec, Stephanie grew up outside of Philadelphia until she was 10. In the winters, her family (including younger brother Brian) lived where ever her Dad was playing pro hockey, which included: Atlanta, Georgia; Calgary, Alberta; and Boston, Massachusetts. She credits these moves as her first experiences in acting, learning to blend in different towns and cities at a young age. She also credits these moves for her different sports affiliations, loving the Boston Red Sox and the Philadelphia Flyers.
In 2007, Stephanie married her longtime boyfriend, martial artist, A.J. Draven. They have two rescued dogs, named Brucely and Stanley.
- Father is former NHL goaltender and All-Star: Rejean Lemelin; current goalie coach for the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Since graduating college and moving to LA, she has done 6 consecutive TV pilots. The first 5 were not picked up for series, but her luck changed with Cavemen, when ABC ordered 6 episodes for its 2007 fall schedule.
- Trains in Krav Maga
- Does Bikram Yoga.
- Dual citizen of Canada and USA.
- Has 2 rescued dogs - Brucely, from South Central L.A., and Stanley, from New Orleans, whom she found while volunteering with Emergency Communities in St. Bernard Parish.
- By the 6th grade, Stephanie had been to 5 schools -- moving from New Jersey, to Alabama, to Atlanta, to Calgary, Alberta, Canada; and finally, to two different towns in Massachusetts. She credits these moves as her first experience in acting training.
- Junior and Senior Class President of her high school outside Boston, MA.