Nov. 2nd, 1942
Hollywood, California, USA
Stefanie Powers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Stefanie Powers, a graduate of Hollywood High, is a veteran of over 200 television appearances as well as the star of ABC's '80s hit "Hart to Hart" (1979). At the early age of 15, Stefanie was signed to a movie deal with Columbia Pictures and labeled as one of the brightest up-and-coming stars in America. After a relatively short stint in films, Stefanie took a break from Hollywood for almost five years. When she returned, she focused her acting talents on television with over 100 guest appearances in a few years. In addition to her international fame as Jennifer Hart, Stefanie was also the star of such TV series as "The Girl from U.N.C.L.E." (1966), "The Feather and Father Gang" (1977), and "Maggie". Her marriage to actor Gary Lockwood (I) (of 2001 fame) in 1966 ended in 1972. In 1974, Stefanie formed a friendship with actor William Holden (I). Through many similarities and interests, their relationship blossomed into one of romance that lasted until the sudden death of Holden in 1981.
Stefanie is also President of the William Holden (I) Wildlife Foundation, Director of the Mount Kenya Game Ranch, an international speaker on wildlife preservation, and spokesperson for AVID Microchip Technology and works with both the Cincinnati Zoo and Zoo Atlanta. Stefanie finished in the off-Broadway play "Applause!" and was signed to be hostess of the new cable channel Romance Classics. As of November 1999, Stefanie was still heavily involved with her true passion, the William Holden Wildlife Foundation, as well as many other philanthropic causes. She has also lent her support to many internet projects, including Expedia's Mungo Park, A Doctor in Your House, and Interactive Travel. She has also worked on a series of PBS shows teaching women about finance called "Funding Your Dreams". Her latest movie project, "Someone is Watching," is in limited television release in Europe and the United States.
- Met 'Robert Wagner (I)' (qv) on the set of _West Side Story (1961)_ (qv) prior to being let go from the cast (Jet girl) because she was too young (15).
- Was awarded the Peace One Earth medallion for her years of service to the USO.
- Attended Hollywood High School with 'Linda Evans (I)' (qv).
- Deaths of companion 'William Holden (I)' (qv) and good friend 'Natalie Wood (I)' (qv) occurred within days of each other in November '81.
- Measurements: 36B-25-35 (during _"Hart to Hart" (1979)_ (qv)) (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).
- She claims that 'John Ford (I)' (qv) directed her for a week when director 'Andrew V. McLaglen' (qv) was out sick on _McLintock! (1963)_ (qv). McLaglen disputes this and says he was there for the entire shoot.
- Took karate lessons for a time.
- Is fluent in six languages.