Oct. 9th, 1983
Los Angeles, California, USA
Spencer Grammer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Los Angeles, California, Grammer is the child of comedian and actor Kelsey Grammer and dance instructor Doreen Alderman, and was named after her paternal aunt, who died eight years before she was born. She is Kelsey Grammer’s oldest child, and has four younger siblings: three half-sisters and a half-brother. The actress Greer Grammer is one of these half-sisters. Grammer was the stepdaughter to Camille Grammer (until she and Kelsey Grammer divorced) and then stepdaughter to Kayte Walsh, Kelsey Grammer's current wife. As a child, she wanted to be a zoologist.
Grammer attended Los Angeles County High School for the Arts and studied art history at Marymount Manhattan College before switching to theater.
Grammer began acting early in life, appearing as a child on the show Cheers and also in a children's clothing commercial. Later, she got the role of Lucy in the series As the World Turns.
Grammer played a leading role in the popular, yet older-skewing-for-its-network, ABC Family series Greek, as Casey Cartwright for four seasons. The show followed the life of a sister (Grammer) and her geeky brother, Rusty Cartwright, played by Jacob Zachar, as they navigate college and life within the world of the Greek system sororities and fraternities in a midwestern Ohio college town.
In late 2012, Grammer starred in the independent thriller, 2br/1ba, directed by Rob Margolies. The film also stars Alexa Vega and Kathryn Morris and is set to be released in 2014.
Grammer will star opposite Blair Underwood in Ironside, the remake of the popular 1960's television series of the same name. On the show, she plays the female lead, Holly, part of detective Robert Ironside's (Underwood) hand-picked team to solve the most difficult cases in the city after he is confined to a wheelchair following a shooting.
- When she was 10 years old, she had a crush on 'Jonathan Taylor Thomas' (qv).
- Named after her ill-fated aunt who was raped and murdered eight years before she was born. Her middle name is the same as her late aunt's first name.
- Daughter of 'Kelsey Grammer' (qv) and 'Doreen Alderman' (qv).
- Studied art history at Marymount Manhattan before switching to theater.
- One of her favorite movies is _Annie Hall (1977)_ (qv).
- Once had an alpaca named Frasier; now has a cat named Cookie.
- Attended Los Angeles County High School for the Arts.
- Half-sister, Greer, is currently reigning Miss Teen Malibu 2008.