Aug. 6th, 1976
Glendora, California, USA
Soleil Moon Frye's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Soleil Moon Frye (born August 6, 1976) is an American actress, director and screenwriter.
Frye began acting at the age of two, after seeing her father, veteran actor 'Virgil Frye', and brother, 'Meeno Peluce' , on TV. Her father got her an agent, 'Herb Tannen' & Associates in Hollywood, and her career soon took off. Her mother, 'Sondra Peluce', became her manager.
At age eight, she became known worldwide as the title character in the tv series "Punky Brewster" (1984). Frye also voiced the lead role in the animated series It's Punky Brewster, which began airing during Punky Brewsters first season. Despite the series' low ratings, Brandon Tartikoff decided to renew the show for a second season because it was the highest rated show watched by children 2 to 11-years old. After NBC canceled the series, it was picked up for the syndication market where it aired for an additional two seasons ending in 1988.
After the series ended, Frye continued her career in guest spots on television and supporting roles in films. She attended The New School during the late 1990s, and directed her first film, Wild Horses, in 1998.
In 2000, she joined the cast of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch as Roxie King, Sabrina Spellman's (Melissa Joan Hart) roommate and close friend. Frye remained with the series until its end in April 2003. During the run of Sabrina, she voiced the character of Zoey in the Disney Channel series The Proud Family and the series' 2005 television movie. She has since continued her acting career working mainly as a voice actor. Frye also voiced Aseefa in the animated series Planet Sheen.
In 2007, Frye, along with two friends, opened The Little Seed, an environmentally-conscious children's specialty boutique in Los Angeles.
In March 2010, Frye and her friend and former Sabrina castmate 'Melissa Joan Har't launched the "Better Together" campaign for Gain.
In September 2011, Frye released her first book, Happy Chaos: From Punky to Parenting and My Perfectly Imperfect Adventures in Between. She also hosts a web series, Her Say, and hosts a blog on her official website both of which deal with women's issues and parenting.
As a teen, Frye suffered from gigantomastia. She underwent a breast reduction three months before her 16th birthday.
On October 25, 1998, Frye married television producer Jason Goldberg in a Jewish ceremony (Frye's mother is Jewish, as is Goldberg). Frye and Goldberg have three children: daughters Poet Sienna Rose (born August 2005) and Jagger Joseph Blue (born March 2008), and son Lyric Sonny Roads (born February 2014).
- She starred in the television movie, _I've Been Waiting for You (1998) (TV)_ (qv), where her character hunts a witch. Ironically, a few years later she joined the cast of _"Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" (1996)_ (qv), where she played the best friend of a witch.
- When 'Shannen Doherty' (qv) left the series _"Charmed" (1998)_ (qv), Soleil was one of the short list of actors considered to replace her. The role later went to 'Rose McGowan (I)' (qv).
- Was a camper at Cottontail Ranch in the early '90s.
- Half-sister of 'Sean Frye' (qv) and 'Meeno Peluce' (qv).
- Her second daughter, Jagger Joseph Blue Goldberg, was born March 17, 2008 in Los Angeles. Weighing in at 8 lbs, 6 oz.
- Daughter, Poet Sienna Rose is called Poe for short.
- Daughter of 'Virgil Frye' (qv) and 'Sondra Peluce' (qv).
- Graduated from a private high school in California's San Fernando Valley. She then attended New School University in New York for one year.
Related sites for this celeb