Oct. 7th, 1959
Brighton, East Sussex, England, UK
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Simon was born in Brighton, England. His parents' names are Julie Cowell and Eric Cowell. First made a TV appearance on UK's Pop Idol. Then on America's American Idol.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated his U.S. earnings at $45 million for the year.
- Ranked #6 in the 2008 Telegraph's list "the 100 most powerful people in British culture".
- He is good friends with 'Emma Noble (I)' (qv).
- Dropped out of school at 16
- His sister's husband is the cousin of pop star 'Robbie Williams (I)' (qv).
- He worked as a mail boy at EMI and eventually worked his way to become an A&R representative.
- he has 2 nieces and a nephew, namely: Tanyette Chantel (born October 18, 1981), Melissa Lee (born July 10, 1984), and Joshua Aaron, (born April 15, 1986) all 3 of whom have appeared in the audience during various episodes of Pop Idol Season 1.
- During an auditioning, a female participant told Simon and the other judges that she quit her job at a hair salon so she can pursue her dreams on American Idol; when getting rejected, Simon had asked for the phone and called the owner of the participant workplace where the rejected contestant got her job back.