Jun. 11th, 1986
Los Angeles, California, USA
Shia LaBeouf's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Shia Saide LaBeouf was born June 11, 1986, in Los Angeles, California, to Jeffrey LaBeouf and Shayna Saide, and is an only child. His parents are divorced, and he lives with his mom in Los Angeles. He started his career by doing stand-up comedy around places in his neighborhood, such as coffee clubs. One day, he saw a friend of his acting on "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman" (1993), and wanted to become an actor. Shia and his mom talked it over, and the next day he started looking for an agent. He searched in the yellow pages, called one up, and did a stand-up routine in front of him. They liked him and signed him, and then he started auditioning. He's well known for playing Louis Stevens in the popular Disney Channel series "Even Stevens" (2000) and has won a Daytime Emmy for his performance.
- Wears contact lenses.
- Named after his grandfather who is also a comedian.
- Favorite movies are _Dumb & Dumber (1994)_ (qv) and _Saving Silverman (2001)_ (qv).
- Started a hip-hop group/record label (Element) and a film production company (www.grassyslope.com) with fellow actor and best friend 'Lorenzo Eduardo'.
- Had only two days off between finishing the shooting of _Disturbia (2007)_ (qv) and beginning that of _Transformers (2007)_ (qv).
- Enjoys making independent short films with his friends
- Won a Daytime Emmy award in 2003 for Outstanding Performer in a Children's Series at the age of 16 for his portrayal of Louis Stevens on _"Even Stevens" (2000)_ (qv).
- Attended the prestigious Hamilton Academy of Music in Los Angeles, California, along with actors such as 'Emile Hirsch' (qv), 'Fernanda Romero (II)' (qv), 'Frank Miranda (II)' (qv) 'Will Rothhaar' (qv), 'Rachel Kiri Walker' (qv), 'Candace Lifson' (qv), 'Kyla Pratt (II)' (qv), 'Kellan Rhude' (qv), 'Kaitlin Doubleday' (qv), and 'Cherish Lee' (qv).