Apr. 22nd, 1967
Augsburg, Bavaria, Germany
5' 5 1/2
Sheryl Lee's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
"Dead, wrapped in plastic" is how Sheryl Lee entered onto the scene as Laura Palmer, the doomed homecoming queen on the cult TV series Twin Peaks (1990).
Sheryl Lee (born April 27, 1967) in Germany. She grew up in Boulder, Colorado, spending much of her youth studying dance before knee injuries ended her hope of becoming a dancer. She began acting in school plays, graduated from Fairview High School, and attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Pasadena, California. Lee also spent time at the North Carolina School of Arts, the National Conservatory Theater in Denver, and Colorado University before pursuing stage work in Seattle, Washington.
Here Lee landed the role of Laura Palmer, and she later appeared on Twin Peaks (1990) as Laura's cousin Madeleine Ferguson. Madeleine was a brunette and wore glasses, but of course bore a striking resemblance to her late relative. Lee worked with Twin Peaks (1990) mastermind 'David Lynch' again on the film Wild at Heart (1990), and resurrected Laura Palmer one last time for Lynch's Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (1992).
Lee has gone on to have a long and adventurous career since then. Appearances have included the Stuart Sutcliffe biopic Backbeat (1994), the John Carpenter (I) film Vampires (1998), and the TV series "L.A. Doctors" (1998).
- Briefly dated 'David Duchovny' (qv).
- Was originally cast as Mary Alice Young for the ABC series _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv) in its pilot episode, but was replaced by 'Brenda Strong' (qv).
- Is friends with actor 'Christopher McDonald (I)' (qv).
- Grew up in Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- (Summer 1992) Starred on Broadway alongside 'Al Pacino' (qv) in 'Oscar Wilde' (qv)'s "Salome" as the title role, in the Circle in the Square Theatre, under the direction of 'Robert Allan Ackerman' (qv). The play costarred 'Suzanne Bertish' (qv), 'Esai Morales' (qv) and 'Arnold Vosloo' (qv).
- Hit cult status and will be forever known as the beautiful blonde corpse and resultant object of mystery in the series _"Twin Peaks" (1990)_ (qv). People were so fascinated with Sheryl and the Laura Palmer phenomenon, that they brought Sheryl back to life on the TV series in the form of another character, Madeleine Ferguson.
- Was performing on stage and living in Seattle when she met director 'David Lynch (I)' (qv).
- Her role in _Love, Lies and Murder (1991) (TV)_ (qv) was called by People magazine "one of the strongest TV roles of the year".
Related sites for this celeb