83 (passed away Dec. 1st, 2019)
Oct. 26th, 1936
New York City, New York, USA
Shelley Morrison's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Shelley Morrison, the actress best known as Rosario Salazar, Karen Walker's maid and confidante on "Will & Grace", died on December 1 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles from heart failure following a brief illness.
Despite remaining on the periphery of character stardom all these years, New York-born character actress Shelley Morrison has had a long and varied career since the early 60s. She started out on TV in such popular shows as "The Farmer's Daughter" (1963) and "Laredo" (1965), making a career out of an assortment of ethnic roles. In films she played Indian squaws in Three Guns for Texas (1968) and Mackenna's Gold (1969), as well as minor Hispanic roles in Castle of Evil (1966), Man and Boy (1972) and Troop Beverly Hills (1989). While most people remember her with fondness as the adorably shy but spirited "Sister Sixto" who had problems mastering English (Shelley did in real life as well, as Spanish is her native language) in "The Flying Nun" (1967) starring Sally Field, today's audiences have been relishing her turnabout performance as the vinegary El Salvadorean housekeeper, "Rosario", the only character who doesn't mince words with Megan Mullally's socialite boss in another sitcom "Will & Grace" (1998). Shelley's acting roots are firmly entrenched in the theatre, having performed, produced and directed hosts of plays over the years in Los Angeles, New York and abroad. Dampening the enjoyment of her renewed TV success, however, has been recent battles with cancer which is now in remission.
- Appeared with her _"Will & Grace" (1998)_ (qv) co-star 'Debra Messing' (qv) in an episode of _"Prey" (1998)_ (qv): "Revelations". While Messing was a steady member of the cast, Morrison only had a guest-starring role.
- She and her husband have two dogs, a chow-collie mix named Katie and a Skye terrier mix named Charlie.
- Multi ALMA award nominee for her work on _"Will & Grace" (1998)_ (qv).
- Has appeared in over 65 plays and has guest-starred in over 150 television series.
- Shelley is a Sephardic Jew of Hispanic decent.
- She had to learn English phonetically.
- Married to non-fiction writer 'Walter Dominguez (I)' (qv); together they have been honored for their work providing for the homeless and low-income families.
- A breast and lung cancer survivor.
Related sites for this celeb