Jul. 7th, 1949
Houston, Texas, USA
Shelley Duvall's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Was romantically involved with Paul Simon from 1976 to 1979. He was the one to tell her she had won Best Actress at the 1977 Cannes Film Festival for her performance in Robert Altman's _3 Women (1977)_ (qv). He broke up with her at the airport as she was about to board a plane to London to begin filming _The Shining (1980)_ (qv).
- Was the only performer of the '70s to work with three of the decade's most revered directors, 'Robert Altman (I)' (qv), 'Woody Allen' (qv), and 'Stanley Kubrick' (qv).
- Served as chairman for the 1987 Golden ACE committee for the National Cable Television Academy's ACE Awards.
- Sister of 'Stewart Duvall' (qv).
- Once owned the film rights to Tom Robbins' "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues." Despite being signed by Warner Bros. in 1980 to write and star in her own adaptation of the book, the project fell through and she gave up the rights after four years.
- Was "discovered" in 1970 by 'Brian McKay (III)' (qv) and 'Tommy Thompson (III)' (qv), who spotted her at a party while scouting locations for 'Robert Altman (I)' (qv)'s _Brewster McCloud (1970)_ (qv) in Houston, Texas. At the time, she was majoring in nutrition and diet therapy at South Texas Junior College and working as a cosmetics salesperson in a Foley's department store. Although she had no prior acting experience, she was casted by Altman in the film and won a three-picture contract with MGM for her performance.
- Played chess with 'Stanley Kubrick' (qv) between takes on _The Shining (1980)_ (qv).
- Daughter of attorney Robert R. Duvall (not the actor) and Bobbie Crawford.