Oct. 7th, 1979
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Shawn Ashmore's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Shawn Robert Ashmore is a Canadian movie and television actor, best known for his roles as Jake Berenson in Animorphs, Agent Mike Weston in The Following, Bobby Drake / Iceman in the X-Men movie series. He also has recurring roles as Wesley Evers in The Rookie, Sam Spenser in Conviction, and as Fitz in Bloodletting & Miraculous Cures to name a very few.
Most recently he is appearing as Lamplighter in the Amazon series The Boys, Season 3 in 2020.
Shawn at the age of 14, stole the hearts of many with his wonderful performance in Guitarman (1994) in which he played the main character and was nominated for a Gemini Award. Since then, his career has skyrocketed. He has done many made-for-television movies and series, and has guest starred on various television shows, but it was his brief appearance in X-Men (2000) that landed him a role in X2 (2003) and got him on the road to stardom. As an added bonus, he even got his own personal action figure modeled after him.
After only three months after X2 (2003) he easily earned the very minor role of his brother's double in My Brother's Keeper (2004)
- Stayed in contact with co-star 'Anna Paquin' (qv) (Rogue) after filming _X2 (2003)_ (qv).
- Reunited with actor 'Eugene Lipinski' (qv) (Del McAllister in _Guitarman (1994) (TV)_ (qv)) after 4 years for the hit television series _"Animorphs" (1998)_ (qv).
- For _X2 (2003)_ (qv), he had to undergo physical training for 6 months with no alcohol consumption and a strict diet.
- Is twin brother of 'Aaron Ashmore' (qv).
- Shawn Ashmore made two guest appearances on "Smallville" playing an adversary of Clark Kent. Shawn's real-life twin brother Aaron Ashmore later appeared on "Smallville" as Jimmy Olson.
- Taught 'Aaron Stanford' (qv) the lighter tricks he used in _X2 (2003)_ (qv).
- His X-Men character, Bobby Drake/Iceman, was the first character from the comic series to make an appearance in another medium, as one of the main characters on Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. His character, and Ray Park's character of Toad, have both appeared in animated adaptations of the comics. In both, their characters were voiced by Frank Welker.
- Attended the 2004 MTV Movie awards with actress 'Michelle Trachtenberg' (qv).