Feb. 8th, 1974
Overbrook Park, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Seth Green's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Seth Green was raised in Overbrook Park by his parents; Herb, a math teacher, and Barbara, an artist. He attended public school and played soccer. Seth decided to make acting his career at age six after appearing in a summer camp performance of Hello, Dolly!
- In the movie _Mallrats (1995)_ (qv), the studio had prepared to replace 'Jason Mewes' (qv) with Seth Green to play the character of "Jay". Director 'Kevin Smith (I)' (qv) insisted that Mewes reprise his part from _Clerks. (1994)_ (qv) so the studio had Green on stand-by and ready to fly to the mall where they were filming while they viewed Mewes' first scene. In the end, all parties agreed to Mewes keeping the part.
- He played Lyle in _The Italian Job (2003)_ (qv). His _Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002)_ (qv) co-star 'Michael Caine (I)' (qv) appeared in the original _The Italian Job (1969)_ (qv).
- He is an avid fan of the NFL team New Orlean Saints.
- Attended the same middle school in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as pop artist 'Eve (II)' (qv).
- Shares a birthday with 'Mötley Crüe' (qv) singer 'Vince Neil' (qv), his _The Trumpet of the Swan (2001)_ (qv) co-star 'Mary Steenburgen' (qv), 'James Dean (I)' (qv) and 'Ethan Phillips (I)' (qv).
- Revealed in a 2005 "Fresh Air with Terry Gross" interview that he had auditioned for the _American Beauty (1999)_ (qv) role that eventually went to 'Wes Bentley' (qv), and he was the runner-up for the _Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)_ (qv) role that went to 'Elijah Wood' (qv).
- 1998: Named on Entertainment Weekly's "It List" of the 100 Most Creative People in Entertainment.
- Has been long time friends with actress 'Sarah Michelle Gellar' (qv), and has collaborated with her quite a few times. They can be found together in _Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004)_ (qv), _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv) and _"Robot Chicken" (2005)_ (qv).