Jun. 26th, 1970
Glen Ellyn, Illinois, USA
Sean Hayes' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sean grew up in the Chicago suburb of Glen Ellyn, Illinois. His father, Ron, a lithographer, left him and his four siblings when Sean was a young child. Sean says he hasn't seen his father in more than 10 years. His mother, Mary, works at a food bank. Sean attended Illinois State University where he studied music and theatre. He supported himself through his college years by playing piano for voice lessons and working in community theater. He played a stint with the Second City comedy troupe and then became a musical director for a local theater. He grew tired of that after a while and in the spring of 1995, moved to LA. He got a "hellish" job at a restaurant. His first big break was landing a national tour with Kenny Rogers (I) for a Christmas show. In 1997, he got a series of commercials that gained him attention and led to his eventual role on "Will & Grace" (1998).
- Won the 2006 SAG award for an Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series for his role as Jack McFarland on _"Will & Grace" (1998)_ (qv). He was also nominated in 2005, but lost out to _"Monk" (2002)_ (qv) actor 'Tony Shalhoub' (qv).
- He is the youngest of the _"Will & Grace" (1998)_ (qv) cast.
- Close friends with actress 'Rosa Blasi' (qv); attended her wedding to Giants Fullback 'Jim Finn (IV)' (qv) on February 14, 2004.
- Wanted to start a spin off series of _"Will & Grace" (1998)_ (qv), but after seeing what happened to _"Joey" (2004)_ (qv) on NBC, he decided against it.
- As a teenager, Sean Hayes was an extra in 'Winona Ryder' (qv)'s first movie _Lucas (1986)_ (qv) - filmed at Sean's High School in Glen Ellyn, Ill.
- Classically trained pianist.
- He saved a man's life in 2001. Courtney Cunninghan, 33, reported that two men stopped him near the driveway of his Los Angeles home, and then robbed him and shot him in the leg. Hayes who was driving in L.A.'s mid-Wilshire district when he noticed Cunningham lying in the street. The actor then pulled over to help the victim, ripping off his shirt and pressing it against Cunningham's wound to stop the bleeding. He then called 911 on his cell phone and waited for paramedics to arrive.
- The first thing he bought after he made some money was a concert grand piano.