Sep. 1st, 1975
London, England, UK
Scott Speedman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Scott Speedman was born in London, England, however, he grew up in Toronto, Canada. He was an aspiring swimmer and held a record amongst the best for distance freestyle, unfortunately, an accident put that career path on hold forever. He went to Earl Haig High School in Toronto and went to the University of Toronto in 1994 - 1996. On a dare, he went on a show called "Speakers Corner" and later went to audition for the role of Robin in Batman Forever (1995). When the part went to 'Chris ODonnell (I), he managed to land an agent. Other movies he has done include Kitchen Party (1997) and Duets (2000) starring Gwyneth Paltrow. The show "Felicity" (1998) introduced Scott to the world and has formed quite a standing amongst fans. When the show ended in 2002, Scott's movie career took off with his breakthrough role in Underworld (2003) starring Kate Beckinsale and Bill Nighy.
- Tried out for the role of Robin in _Batman Forever (1995)_ (qv)
- Ex-boyfriend of actress Heather Graham (2006).
- He was raised in Canada, which is where he got his start in acting.
- His mother was an Olympic athlete.
- Once aspired to be a swimmer for the Canadian team.
- Attends 'David Rothenberg (I)' (qv)'s on-camera acting class with fellow actors 'Rachel McAdams' (qv), 'Kenneth Mitchell (I)' (qv) and 'Polly Shannon' (qv).
- Sometimes confused with Creed's frontman Scott Stapp
- Attended Earl Haig Secondary School in Toronto with fellow actors 'Sarah Polley' and 'Kenneth Mitchell (I)' (qv).