Dec. 21st, 1948
Washington, District of Columbia
Samuel L. Jackson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Samuel Leroy Jackson is an American actor and film producer, known for Die Hard with a Vengeance, Unbreakable, Shaft, Formula 51, Black Snake Moan, Snakes on a Plane and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Gave his consent for Marvel Comics to design their "Ultimate" version of the character Nick Fury after his likeness. He later went on to play Nick Fury in _Iron Man (2008)_ (qv).
- Like 'Christopher Walken' (qv), he makes films for the pleasure he gets out of acting, regardless of how the film turns out.
- Made Forbes Celebrity 100 list in 2002 and 2003 with earnings of $34 million and $30 million respectively.
- While visiting Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 2003, he stayed at the world-famous Copacabana Palace Hotel.
- His characters often feature the color purple: Mitch Hennessy wore a purple-violet gem ring in "The Long Kiss Goodnight" (1996), Mr. Glass wore purple clothing in _Unbreakable (2000)_ (qv); Jackson chose to have Doyle Gipson wear a purple hat in _Changing Lanes (2002)_ (qv); Mace Windu, upon request by Jackson to 'George Lucas (I)' (qv), wielded a purple light saber in _Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)_ (qv) and _Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)_ (qv); and Lazarus, his character in _Black Snake Moan (2006)_ (qv), plays a purple Gibson guitar.
- Grew up in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Was offered his role in _Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)_ (qv) after mentioning in an interview on UK TV show _"TFI Friday" (1996)_ (qv) that he'd really like to work with 'George Lucas (I)' (qv).
- The success of _The Incredibles (2004)_ (qv) enabled Jackson to surpass 'Harrison Ford (I)' (qv) as the actor whose movies have grossed the most money in the world - in excess of $3 billion. (January 2005).