Oct. 31st, 1980
Samaire Armstrong's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Samaire Rhys Armstrong (born October 31, 1980) is an American actress, fashion designer and model. She is best known for her roles in Stay Alive, The O.C. and It's a Boy Girl Thing. Her best known role to date is portraying the role of Juliet Darling in the ABC television series Dirty Sexy Money. She has also appeared in music videos for "Penny & Me" by Hanson and "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter.
Born in Tokyo to a Scottish father, Hunter Armstrong, and an Italian mother, Sylvia Sepielli. Her mother designs spas for resorts and her father teaches soldiers close combat training. Armstrong lived in Japan for five years, before moving to Hawaii and later Sedona, Arizona where she grew up and attended Sedona Red Rock High School. She has also lived in Malaysia and China.
Armstrong is well known for her portrayal of Emily on HBO's Entourage and as Anna on Fox's The O.C. In 2004 Entertainment Weekly named her as a Breakthrough Artist of the Year for her work on both shows. Other television roles include Freaks and Geeks, Judging Amy, Party of Five, That's Life, ER and a pivotal role in a particularly creepy episode of the X-Files.
She is playing Elaine Dawson in ABC's Resurrection.
Armstrong entered an "outpatient facility" in October 2007. She "decided to enter an outpatient facility to deal with some personal issues in a therapeutic atmosphere and is doing very well", her publicist said in a statement. She checked out after six weeks, but returned and stayed for another three months. She gave birth to her first child, a boy named Calin, in December 2012.
Currently Armstrong resides in Los Angeles.
- Was the October 2007 entry in Stuff magazine's 2006-2007 pin up calendar.
- Name means 'dawning sun' in Gaelic.
- Dated 'Aaron Paul (I)' (qv).
- Was born in Japan and lived there for several years (learning judo in the process) before moving to Hawaii and later Arizona.
- Was cast in almost all of her high school productions after she got into acting.
- Named #55 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Graduated from Sedona Red Rock High School; played volleyball for two years before turning her attention to drama.
- Her parents initially pronounced her name "Sam-air" for 3 months until they were taught how to pronounce it in its proper Gaelic form