62 (passed away Mar. 15th, 2009)
Jul. 2nd, 1946
New York City, New York, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Ron Silver's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Alumnus of the State University of New York at Buffalo. Earned a master's degree in Chinese history from St. John's University. He also studied drama at the Herbert Berghof Studio and the Actors Studio.
- Was considered for the role of Steve Christy in _Friday the 13th (1980)_ (qv).
- Campaigned for 'Michael Dukakis' (qv) in the 1988 US presidential race.
- President of the Actors Equity Association, the stage actors union, 1991-2000.
- Began his acting career on the New York stage in 1971.
- Was a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, as well as a member of the program committee of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.
- Was a founding president of the Creative Coalition, a nonprofit, nonpartisan social and political advocacy organization made up of arts and entertainment figures. He was also a founding member of One Jerusalem, an educational foundation with a goal of "maintaining a united Jerusalem as the undivided capital of Israel".
- He had a son, Adam (born in 1979) and a daughter, Alexandra (born in 1983), with is ex-wife 'Lynne Miller' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb