Jul. 13th, 1968
Tampa, Florida, USA
Robert Gant's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Robert Gant continues to emerge as one of Hollywood's most sought-after actors. Gant began acting in television commercials at the age of ten in his home state of Florida. At the age of eleven, he performed a soft-shoe routine with Bob Hope as part of Hope's USO tour. Following high school, Gant headed to the University of Pennsylvania and then on to Georgetown Law School. While studying law, he never gave up on his true passion, acting, and performed in numerous theatrical productions. Interestingly, it was his career as an attorney that brought him to Los Angeles when he accepted a position with the world's largest law firm. In a twist of fate, four months after his relocation, the Los Angeles office was closed. Taking that as an omen, he made the decision to focus all of his time on his acting and has been working ever since. Robert currently plays Professor Ben Bruckner on the hit television series "Queer As Folk." Gant currently resides in Los Angeles.
- In 2008, Robert was the recipient of the Visionary Award, presented to him at the Garden State Equality, 2008 Legends Dinner.
- One of the co-founders of a production company called Mythgarden, which he formed with producer 'Christopher Racster' (qv) and actor 'Chad Allen (I)' (qv) (_"Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman" (1993)_ (qv)).
- He was the recipient of a special civil rights award presented to him in New York's City Hall in 2003.
- At the age of eleven, he performed a soft-shoe routine with 'Bob Hope (I)' (qv) as part of Hope's USO tour.
- In 2006, The Human Rights Campaign presented him with the National Equality Award at the 11th Annual Nashville Rights Campaign Equality Dinner.
- In 2007, Robert was presented with the Davidson/Valentini Award at the 19th Annual GLAAD Media Awards.
- He was a practicing attorney before going into acting full time.