Jan. 21st, 1956
Robby Benson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Robby Benson is an American actor, director, singer, and teacher. He is best known for Die Laughing, Walk Proud, Ice Castles, One On One, Ode to Billy Joe, Beauty and the Beast, The Legend of Prince Valiant and Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas.
- He had heart valve surgery in October 1984.
- In _Beauty and the Beast (1991)_ (qv), his voice was altered by the growls of lions and panthers.
- Benson is his mother's maiden name.
- He has worked in television or on a movie every year of his life from 1971-2004.
- Son of 'Jerry Segal (I)' (qv)
- (1976) Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1976" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 28.
- Brother of Shelli Segal, designer for the Laundry clothing line (Laundry by Shelli Segal).
- Daughter is 'Lyric Benson' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb