Jun. 25th, 1961
Reading, Berkshire, England, UK
Ricky Gervais' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Worked as a DJ on London's XFM radio station and managed bands before going into TV comedy.
- Revealed in an online interview that he does not like using his fame to just make money, including an example when he was offered nearly $4,000,000 for just one day's work on an advert for an unnamed company.
- He grew up in relative poverty but he has always admired his mother for the way in which she did not allow it to get in the way of a happy upbringing. She got herself into debt in order to make sure he had plenty of Christmas presents and it took her the whole of the following year to work her way out of it until Christmas beckoned again.
- Won the 2003 O.K. Comedy Award.
- In 2004 Gervais released a children's book called "Flanimals." The sequel, "More Flanimals," was released in 2005.
- Was in a music group in the early 1980s called Seona Dancing. They released two singles, "Bitter Heart" and "More To Lose" but didn't have any success.
- His favorite film is _This Is Spinal Tap (1984)_ (qv).
- Ranked #83 on the 2008 Telegraph's "100 most powerful people in British culture" list.