Jun. 25th, 1961
Reading, Berkshire, England, UK
Ricky Gervais' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Has stated in interviews that he turned down several film roles before he accepted his lead role in _Ghost Town (2008)_ (qv). These included _Mission: Impossible III (2006)_ (qv), _The Da Vinci Code (2006)_ (qv), _Ocean's Thirteen (2007)_ (qv) and "The Pirates of the Caribbean" trilogy.
- He grew up in relative poverty but he has always admired his mother for the way in which she did not allow it to get in the way of a happy upbringing. She got herself into debt in order to make sure he had plenty of Christmas presents and it took her the whole of the following year to work her way out of it until Christmas beckoned again.
- Revealed in an online interview that he does not like using his fame to just make money, including an example when he was offered nearly $4,000,000 for just one day's work on an advert for an unnamed company.
- His favorite film is _This Is Spinal Tap (1984)_ (qv).
- Worked as a DJ on London's XFM radio station and managed bands before going into TV comedy.
- Ranked #83 on the 2008 Telegraph's "100 most powerful people in British culture" list.
- In the early '80s was in a singing group called Seona Dancing. He was the main singer while Bill McCrae wrote music. They were not successful in the UK however were very popular in the Phillipines.
- Won the 2003 O.K. Comedy Award.