Sep. 21st, 1968
Hastings-on-Hudson, New York, USA
Ricki Lake's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Ricki Lake was born in Hastings-on-Hudson, NY, surprisingly as a blond. She has one sister, who is one year younger than, her named Jennifer. Her father, Barry, is a pharmacist and her mother, Jill, is a homemaker. The two currently reside in Las Vegas, Nevada. Ricki attended Hastings Elementary as a child, then on to Farragut Middle, and then attended Hastings High, for two years. At the end of her sophomore year, she transferred to The Professional Children's School, in NYC, to focus on perfecting her craft as an actress. Also, Ricki began singing professionally at the age of nine, in cabarets and clubs. After finishing high school, she attended Ithaca College for one year. During final exams of her freshman year, she received a call from her agent, telling her to audition for the lead in a John Waters (I) film. Unsurprisingly, she landed the role as "Tracy Turnblad". Thus, Hairspray (1988) marked the movie debut for Ricki Lake. She then went on to act in fifteen more movies and a recurring role in ABC's "China Beach" (1988), for one season. Although, at one point in her life, she hit rock-bottom. Then, she decided to take charge of her life and make a dramatic change. She began eating right and exercising and soon lost over 125 lbs. In 1993, she was chosen, out of a hundred people, to host her own daytime talk show. After only three years, "Ricki Lake" (1993) has successfully been rated second, in its time frame. Also, in 1993, she met the man of her dreams. At a Halloween party, she locked eyes with her current husband, Rob Sussman, a political illustrator. It was love-at-first sight, on both ends. The two married in Las Vegas in March of 1994 and are currently residing in Manhattan.
- Childhood friend of 'Deborah Gibson (I)' (qv).
- Despite her radical weight loss, Lake was required to lose an additional 20 lbs before filming for _Mrs. Winterbourne (1996)_ (qv) could begin.
- Ricki was in the same elementary and middle-school class in Hastings-on-Hudson as Roger Howarth. They knew each other.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Suffers from adult onset asthma.
- (18 June 2001) Gave birth to son Owen Tyler Sussman in the bathtub of her New York home. The newborn was delivered by a midwife. Owen weighed in at 8 lbs. 7 oz.
- She has a son, Milo Sebastian Sussman [b. March 22, 1997]
- Sometimes presents her talk show barefooted.
Related sites for this celeb