May. 5th, 1957
Richard E. Grant's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Richard E. Grant is a Swaziland-born British actor, screenwriter and director, known for Girls, Downton Abbey, Dig, Jekyll & Hyde, Game of Thrones, Hang Ups, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Tuca & Bertie and Dispatches From Elsewhere.
- Studied English and Drama at University in Capetown, South Africa
- Played Doctor Who, in a line of BBC Animated Doctor Who Adventures showcased on the Internet.
- Had a piano suite composed for him by Canadian artist Emm Gryner.
- His father was the last minister of education in the British colony of Swaziland before independence in 1968.
- Took part in a special celebrity edition of Blind Date on The Prince's Trust 30th Birthday: Live. He and actor Sir Roger Moore lost to The X Factor's Chico Slimani, who got to date Dame Edna Everage.
- Father of 'Olivia Grant (I)' (qv).
- He has two roles in common with both 'David Collings' (qv) and 'David Warner (I)' (qv). All three have played Bob Cratchit - Grant in _A Christmas Carol (1999) (TV)_ (qv), Collings in _Scrooge (1970)_ (qv) and Warner in _A Christmas Carol (1984) (TV)_ (qv) - and the Doctor from _"Doctor Who" (1963)_ (qv) - Grant in _Comic Relief: Doctor Who - The Curse of Fatal Death (1999) (TV)_ (qv) and _"Doctor Who: Scream of the Shalka" (2003)_ (qv), Collings in the Big Finish audio drama "Full Fathom Five" and Warner in the Big Finish audio dramas "Sympathy for the Devil" and "Masters of War".
- He was also the narrator/performer for Bram Stoker's Dracula Book on tape.
Related sites for this celeb