Feb. 20th, 1938
Avoca, Iowa, USA
Richard Beymer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Avoca, Iowa and moved with his parents to Hollywood, California in the late 1940s, Richard Beymer acted in various films while attending North Hollywood High School. He enjoys making his own films and has a film used in a PBS series on the civil rights movement.
- While in Italy filming _Barabbas(1961)_in 1961 'Richard Beymer' (qv) became captivated by a beautiful high school girl who had been doing extra work in the movie. The following year when he was back in California and the girl too had moved back to the United States, the two renewed communication and he encouraged her to pursue a career in film, which she did. They saw quite a lot of each other for over a year, and remained on friendly terms thereafter. The girl's name was 'Sharon Tate (I)' (qv).
- Is probably best remembered for playing Tony in _West Side Story (1961)_ (qv).
- He has played the love interest of both 'Natalie Wood (I)' (qv) and her sister 'Lana Wood (I)' (qv) in 2 separate films: Tony opposite Natalie's Maria in _West Side Story (1961)_ (qv), and Dean opposite Lana's Karen in _Scream Free! (1969)_ (qv) (aka Free Grass).
- February 1977 - One time roommate of 'Andy Kaufman (I)' (qv), he originated on stage at the Improv at 2:30 am the "has-been corner" bit Kaufman used in his TV specials.
- He hated his performance in _West Side Story (1961)_ (qv) and left the London premiere half way through the film's screening, before he could be presented to 'Queen Elizabeth II' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb