Mar. 31st, 1948
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Rhea Perlman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Rhea Jo Perlman (born March 31, 1948) is an American actress, best known for her role as Carla Tortelli on the sitcom Cheers, for which she won four Emmy Awards. Perlman was born in Brooklyn, New York, to Philip and Adele Perlman. Her father was an actor, and a doll-and toy-part salesman; he later played barfly Phil on Cheers. Her sister Heide Perlman is a writer, story editor, and producer on the television shows Cheers and Frasier. Perlman attended Hunter College in New York and is an active Democrat.
She began her acting career in 1972 when she played a bit role in the film Hot Dogs for Gauguin. That same year she appeared in Westbeth Playwrights Feminist Collective's production of Up – An Uppity Revue, along with her future husband, Danny DeVito.
- Along with 'Ted Danson' (qv) and 'George Wendt (I)' (qv), she is one of only three actors to appear in all 273 episodes of _"Cheers" (1982)_ (qv).
- Was nominated for an Emmy 10 times out of 11 years during her tenure on _"Cheers" (1982)_ (qv).
- No relation to 'Ron Perlman' (qv).
- Sister of producer-writer 'Heide Perlman' (qv).
- Majored in drama at Hunter College (NYC).
- Her father 'Philip Perlman' (qv) was in the TV show _"Cheers" (1982)_ (qv) as Phil, a bar patron.
- Children: Gracie Fan (b. 1985) Lucy Chet (1983) and Jake (1987).