79 (passed away Dec. 8th, 2019)
Jun. 1st, 1940
New York City, New York
Rene Auberjonois' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Rene Murat Auberjonois was an American actor and singer, know for Madam Secretary, Snap Back, Breakout Capacity, Render Safe, The Librarians, Masters of Sex, Warehouse 13, Pound Puppies, 1600 Penn, Archer, The Good Wife, Young Justice, Boston Legal, Saving Grace and Judging Amy.
- Has two children, 'Tessa Auberjonois' (qv) and 'Remy Auberjonois' (qv).
- In the same tradition as 'Jonathan Frakes' (qv), of _"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)_ (qv) reprising Cmdr. Riker, Auberjonois voiced his Constable Odo from _"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993)_ (qv) for an episode of _"Family Guy" (1999)_ (qv).
- Outside of the _"Star Trek" (1966)_ (qv) cast, he is the oldest "Star Trek" cast member.
- His father was French, his maternal grandmother was an American, from Cincinnati, Ohio, his maternal grandfather's mother was a Russian Noblewoman, and his maternal grandfather's paternal grandmother was also an American, from Charleston, South Carolina.
- Won Broadway's 1970 Tony Award as Best Supporting or Featured Actor (Musical) for "Coco." He was also nominated as Best Supporting or Featured Actor (Dramatic) in 1974 for "The Good Doctor," and as Best Actor (Featured Role - Musical) in 1985 for "Big River" and in 1990 for "City of Angels."
- Turned down the role of Father Mulcahey in the TV series _"M*A*S*H" (1972)_ (qv). He had played the role in the 1969 motion picture version.
- Turned down the role of Bosley in _Charlie's Angels (2000)_ (qv).
- Is one of only 32 actors or actresses to have starred in both the original Star Trek (up to and including _Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)_ (qv)) and then in one of the spin offs.