79 (passed away Dec. 8th, 2019)
Jun. 1st, 1940
New York City, New York
Rene Auberjonois' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Rene Murat Auberjonois was an American actor and singer, know for Madam Secretary, Snap Back, Breakout Capacity, Render Safe, The Librarians, Masters of Sex, Warehouse 13, Pound Puppies, 1600 Penn, Archer, The Good Wife, Young Justice, Boston Legal, Saving Grace and Judging Amy.
- Siblings: Anne Auberjonois, Michael Auberjonois and 2 stepsisters named Ghislaine Vautier (author) as well as Marie-Laure Degener (opera performer).
- Both he and his _"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993)_ (qv) co-star 'Colm Meaney' (qv) appeared in 'Stargate', playing the leader of a human civilisation on another planet whose population lived under the surface. In both cases, the main characters of the series in question attempted to form an alliance and arrange an exchange of technology before learning that this civilisation could not be trusted. Auberjonois played Alar, leader of the Eurondans in the _"Stargate SG-1" (1997)_ (qv) episode 'The Other Side'; Meaney played Cowen, leader of the Genii in the _"Stargate: Atlantis" (2004)_ (qv) episodes 'Underground' and 'The Storm'.
- Is mentioned in "Big Lou," the biography of actor 'Louis Edmonds' (qv), because he and Edmonds both starred in an avant garde Broadway play that flopped after just a few performances in the late 1960s. The play was called "Fire!" and it is covered in detail in "Big Lou".
- Graduate of Carnegie-Mellon University.
- Is one of only 32 actors or actresses to have starred in both the original Star Trek (up to and including _Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)_ (qv)) and then in one of the spin offs.
- Son of Pulitzer Prize-nominated Swiss journalist and author Fernand Auberjonois (1910-2004).
- His mother was Princess Laure Louise Napoléone Eugénie Caroline Murat. She was born on November 13, 1913, and died on May 10, 1986.
- Appears in both Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Forever.