79 (passed away Dec. 8th, 2019)
Jun. 1st, 1940
New York City, New York
Rene Auberjonois' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Rene Murat Auberjonois was an American actor and singer, know for Madam Secretary, Snap Back, Breakout Capacity, Render Safe, The Librarians, Masters of Sex, Warehouse 13, Pound Puppies, 1600 Penn, Archer, The Good Wife, Young Justice, Boston Legal, Saving Grace and Judging Amy.
- Siblings: Anne Auberjonois, Michael Auberjonois and 2 stepsisters named Ghislaine Vautier (author) as well as Marie-Laure Degener (opera performer).
- Son of Pulitzer Prize-nominated Swiss journalist and author Fernand Auberjonois (1910-2004).
- His father was French, his maternal grandmother was an American, from Cincinnati, Ohio, his maternal grandfather's mother was a Russian Noblewoman, and his maternal grandfather's paternal grandmother was also an American, from Charleston, South Carolina.
- Is mentioned in "Big Lou," the biography of actor 'Louis Edmonds' (qv), because he and Edmonds both starred in an avant garde Broadway play that flopped after just a few performances in the late 1960s. The play was called "Fire!" and it is covered in detail in "Big Lou".
- Won Broadway's 1970 Tony Award as Best Supporting or Featured Actor (Musical) for "Coco." He was also nominated as Best Supporting or Featured Actor (Dramatic) in 1974 for "The Good Doctor," and as Best Actor (Featured Role - Musical) in 1985 for "Big River" and in 1990 for "City of Angels."
- Graduate of Carnegie-Mellon University.
- Has appeared in two different productions which featured a character named General Hammond: _MASH (1970)_ (qv) and _"Stargate SG-1" (1997)_ (qv).
- In the same tradition as 'Jonathan Frakes' (qv), of _"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)_ (qv) reprising Cmdr. Riker, Auberjonois voiced his Constable Odo from _"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993)_ (qv) for an episode of _"Family Guy" (1999)_ (qv).