Jan. 15th, 1971
Los Angeles, California, USA
Regina King's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Regina King (born January 15, 1971) is an American film and television actress.
King began her acting career in 1985 playing the role of Brenda Jenkins on the television series 227, a role she played until the show ended in 1990. She went on to appear in the John Singleton films Boyz n the Hood, Poetic Justice and Higher Learning. In 1995, she was featured in the hit comedy film Friday. In 1996, she starred in the 'Martin Lawrence' dark comedy-romance A Thin Line Between Love and Hate as Mia. Later in 1996 she gained fame starring in the blockbuster romantic comedy film Jerry Maguire as Marcee Tidwell, the wife of Cuba Gooding, Jr.'s character.
She played Will Smith's character's wife in Enemy of the State, and was also featured in How Stella Got Her Groove Back, Mighty Joe Young, Down to Earth, Daddy Day Care, Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde, A Cinderella Story, Ray and Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous. Most recently, she appeared in season 6 of the hit show 24 and the film This Christmas. In 2008, she appeared in Living Proof. She starred in the TNT police drama Southland until the show's cancellation.
Born in Los Angeles, California and grew up in View Park-Windsor Hills, the elder daughter of Gloria, a special education teacher, and Thomas King, an electrician. The two divorced in 1979. Her younger sister is actress 'Reina King'. Regina King attended Westchester High School and the University of Southern California.
- Both she and her sister 'Reina King (I)' (qv)'s first names are translations of the word "Queen": Regina's is Latin and 'Reina King (I)' (qv)'s is Spanish.
- Was a bridesmaid in the wedding of actress 'Vivica A. Fox' (qv).
- Sister of actress 'Reina King (I)' (qv).
- Her ex-husband, Ian, served as vice-president of the now-defunct Warner Bros. Records-distributed Qwest Records.
- 1/19/96: Had child, Ian Alexander Jr., with her ex-husband.
- Was one of the guests at 'Sandra Bullock' (qv)'s and 'Jesse James (VII)' (qv)' wedding.
- Opened an L.A. restaurant called Paio.
- She studied under acting coach/actress 'Betty A. Bridges' (qv), mother of actor 'Todd Bridges' (qv). She was Regina's acting coach for ten years before and during her first role on the TV series _"227" (1985)_ (qv).