Jul. 20th, 1967
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Reed Diamond's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Reed Edward Diamond (born July 20, 1967) is an American actor. He is best known for the roles of Det. Mike Kellerman on Homicide: Life on the Street, Jason Pillar in season 8 of 24, and recurring character Laurence Dominic on Dollhouse. He also appeared in The Shield, Bones, The Mentalist and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
Born in Brooklyn, the son of Allison, an astrologer, and Bob Diamond, a stage manager and director of shows such as The Joe Franklin Show. He was raised in Manhattan and attended the Trinity School.
Diamond attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for two years, then studied acting at the Juilliard School, where he was a member of the Drama Division's Group 20 (1987–1991).
His professional career began in 1990 with his co-starring role in the movie Memphis Belle (1990). Following that, he appeared on Broadway, and in many television movies, and guest-star roles on TV.
Some of his most notable movie credits include Good Night, and Good Luck. (2005), Spider-Man 2 (2004) and S.W.A.T. (2003).
As well as playing the recurring role of Stuart Collins on Judging Amy from 1999 to 2003, Diamond has guest starred on Crossing Jordan, The West Wing, Medium, Numb3rs, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Stargate SG-1, Without a Trace, The Mentalist, 24, October Road, Ghost Whisperer, Vanished, Law & Order and Common Law. He was also promoted as one of the main cast members of The Shield, appearing as Detective Terry Crowley, so as to surprise viewers when he was murdered at the end of the first episode in 2002. He portrayed Inspector Jack Vasser in the Fall 2007 NBC series Journeyman until the cancellation of the show in December 2007. As of spring 2010, Diamond has joined the cast of the TNT series Franklin & Bash. In 2010, he voiced Barnes in Firebreather.
In 2011, he had a part in Moneyball, as a general manager of the Cleveland Indians. In 2012 he played Robert Yule, Dr. Ryan's fiancee in Common Law on the USA network. He is currently playing senior HYDRA agent Dr. Daniel Whitehall in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and played the Toymaker, Harold Ballinger in the Mystery series Wayward Pines.
Diamond was married to Fredrika Kesten from (1995 to 1997). Since 2004, he has been married to actress 'Marnie McPhail'.
- The family summered in Ocean City, New Jersey, and lived there for a year when Reed was 7.
- Dated actress 'Kristin Davis (I)' (qv) for six months in 2000; they attended the Emmys together that year. It was an amicable breakup: The two portrayed a married couple in _Three Days (2001) (TV)_ (qv) the following year.
- His parents divorced when he was a child.
- Plays guitar in the rock band "Chuck Valiant". His wife, 'Marnie McPhail' (qv) is the lead singer.
- His mother Allison is an astrologer and lives in Malvern, Pennsylvania.
- Attended Trinity School, NYC
- Ex-son-in-law of 'Stephen F. Kesten' (qv).
- Dated actress 'Michelle Forbes (I)' (qv). Both played characters on _"Homicide: Life on the Street" (1993)_ (qv) at the time.