Jul. 29th, 1980
New York City, New York, USA
Rachel Miner's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Rachel Miner wanted to be an actress from age two. She began working with an acting coach at eight, got an agent at nine and, by ten, had not only worked for 'Woody Allen', but was cast as "Michelle Bauer" on The Guiding Light (1952) (a part that started as recurring and evolved into a contract role lasting nearly five years and earning her three Young Artist Awards and an Emmy nomination). Born into a show business family, she represents the third generation of Miners to take to the theatre, film and television. Her father, 'Peter Miner' is an Emmy winning director and noted NYC acting and directing teacher, her mother is a writer and Off-Off Broadway director. Her grandparents were producer/director 'Worthington Miner' and actress 'Frances Fuller'. Her brother is the former actor 'Peter Miner'.
In addition to her film and television work, Miner has several noteworthy theatrical credits. At fourteen, she appeared in Laura Cahill's "The Way at Naked Angels (1994). She made her Broadway debut at seventeen, playing "Margo Frank" to Natalie Portman's Anne in Wendy Kesselman's adaptation of "The Diary of Anne Frank (1996/97), directed by 'James Lapine'. She originated the role of "Rivkele" in 'Donald Margulies' adaptation of Sholom Asch's God of Vengeance (2000), directed by Gordon Edelstein at ACT in Seattle. She also originated the role of "Sandy" in Rebecca Gilman's Blue Surge (2001), directed by 'Robert Falls' at The Goodman Theatre in Chicago (and reprised in 2002 at The Public Theatre in NYC).
- (30 March 1998) Announced engagement to 'Macaulay Culkin' (qv).
- Has three half brothers and one half sister, all of whom have acted either on film and television or on stage.
- During the Boston Debut of "Diary of Anne Frank," her leg was broken in a car accident while she was crossing the street. Understudy temporarily filled in.
- Ended up on the cutting room floor of the 1992 sci-fi movie _Freejack (1992)_ (qv) (which starred 'Emilio Estevez' (qv), 'Rene Russo' (qv), and 'Anthony Hopkins' (qv)).
- Though her credit for 'Woody Allen' (qv)'s _Alice (1990)_ (qv) reads "Alice at 12 years," she was only 9 when the movie was filmed.
- Ex-sister-in-law of 'Kieran Culkin' (qv), 'Christian Culkin' (qv), 'Dakota Culkin' (qv), 'Quinn Culkin' (qv), 'Rory Culkin' (qv) and 'Shane Culkin' (qv).
- Is a vegetarian, dating back at least as far as her days on _"The Guiding Light" (1952)_ (qv).
- Ex-daughter-in-law of 'Christopher Culkin' (qv).
Related sites for this celeb