May. 16th, 1953
Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland
Pierce Brosnan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Pierce Brosnan was born in Navan, County Meath, Ireland on May 16, 1953 and lived in Navan, County Meath until he moved to England, UK at an early age. His father left the household when Pierce was a child and although reunited later in life, the two have never had a close relationship. His most popular role is that of British secret agent James Bond. The death, in 1991, of Cassandra Harris, his wife of eleven years, left him with three children - Christopher and Charlotte from Cassandra's first marriage and Sean from their marriage. Since her death, he has had two children with his second wife, Keely Shaye Smith.
- Is claustrophobic, which made the filming of certain scenes in _Dante's Peak (1997)_ (qv) very difficult.
- On December 28, 1991, one day after their 11th wedding anniversary, his wife, 'Cassandra Harris (I)' (qv), died in his arms. She died of ovarian cancer.
- His mother, May, was 19 when she gave birth to him. She had married his father, Thomas, on August 16, 1952. However, his parents separated when he was still a baby, and from the age of 4 he was raised by his maternal grandparents, Philip and Kathleen Smith, while his mother went to London to train as a nurse. When he was 6, both grandparents died and he was passed around amongst relatives until Eileen Reilly took him into her lodging house. Finally, when he was 10, his mother was able to take him to her home in Putney, London. While in London, May had met a man, named Bill Carmichael, who had asked her to marry him, but she wanted approval from her son. Pierce gave his approval and the couple were married. From that point on, Bill treated Pierce as his real son and they got along fine. It was Bill who took Pierce to see his first Bond movie, _Goldfinger (1964)_ (qv), and it was at that point that decided to take up acting.
- (1996) At the Genesis Awards Ceremony, reunited with _"Remington Steele" (1982)_ (qv) co-star 'Stephanie Zimbalist' (qv).
- Quit smoking cigarettes before the release of _Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)_ (qv).
- At the age of 11 he was almost six feet tall, making him a target of bullies.
- Graduated from the prestigious MA program at the Drama Center in London, England.
- On August 12, 1964, as an 11-year-old he flew, for the first time, from Ireland to the UK to join his mother May, the very day that 'Ian Fleming (I)' (qv) died.